I feel so behind in studying! I'm Panicing! (1 Viewer)

daydremah

HSC
I don't know what's wrong with me I use to study like 5 hours a day and now I'm like so out of it, I get so easily distracted and I feel like I'm 3 weeks behind my studying! Trials are coming up in 6 weeks! I haven't finished my notes, done any essays or past papers and I'm aiming for 90's. I was wandering how people are coping with preparing for their trials and how their studying, how much hours and how they deal with the work overload and not get distracted.

Kralex

HSC
brah I'm sitting on the PC now, eating popcorn browsing BOS. You're not the only one who is off the game so don't stress.

wrecking

derp.
HSC
i'm stressed because i'm not stressing. lol
three assessment tasks due next week and haven't started

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
hey.. join the club

haven't studied all term apart from maths extension (as we had a test)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
no wonder why you spelt panicking incorrectly lol
just kidding

umm..why don't you take a break for a moment? like play a sport. remember that you will have four months of freedom after the HSC - work hard now, so you can be free later on.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Dont worry, enjoy year 12.

WAIT TILL UNI STARTS THEN YOU'll KNOW WHAT STRESS REALLY IS.

I love you all.

random-1006

Banned
HSC
Dont worry, enjoy year 12.

WAIT TILL UNI STARTS THEN YOU'll KNOW WHAT STRESS REALLY IS.

I love you all.

this is correct, uni is like 2 hscs crammed into 13 weeks

to OP, 6 weeks is still fair bit of time for studying just calm down

Last edited:

Kralex

HSC
this is correct, uni is like 2 hscs crammed into 13 weeks

to OP, 6 weeks is still fair bit of time for studying just calm down
Outside of BoS, every Uni Student and Teacher I've spoken to says that the HSC is the most stressful thing you will do in your years of education.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Thats what they told me and its all a load of crap.

Oh well,you will know this time next year.

random-1006

Banned
HSC
Outside of BoS, every Uni Student and Teacher I've spoken to says that the HSC is the most stressful thing you will do in your years of education.

lol, do a science or engineering degree, you get smashed, its no where near as hard in arts/commerce/law though

Last edited:

kcqn93

HSC
I don't know what's wrong with me I use to study like 5 hours a day and now I'm like so out of it, I get so easily distracted and I feel like I'm 3 weeks behind my studying! Trials are coming up in 6 weeks! I haven't finished my notes, done any essays or past papers and I'm aiming for 90's. I was wandering how people are coping with preparing for their trials and how their studying, how much hours and how they deal with the work overload and not get distracted.
i do 4-5 hours of study every second or third day or so LOL

we're all on the same boat

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
Considering how you spelt "Panicking" as "panicing", I cant say I blame you :p

Makdadddy

makdaddy.net
HSC
I think the stress at Uni really depends on the degree you are doing and how much you are liking it, bUt w0t wUd i n0? shuu bby

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Uni's only really stressful if you make it stressful (at least in my courses). And IMO it doesn't have anything on the pressure of the HSC.

If you're panicking about trials etc, maybe sit back and take stock of what you need to do. Spend some time making lists and identifying what you actually HAVE to do as opposed to stuff you feel you should do. Get the most important stuff done first (e.g. "I need to plan out / write a Belonging creative") and then start on the extra stuff (e.g. "I want to do eight past papers").

Other ideas:
- break things up into hour increments
- give someone else your FB/MSN/BoS password and get them to lock you out until you've achieved your goals
- start with the subjects you actually enjoy so that you get into a rhythm before trying anything you don't like so much
- study with the TV on so that you don't feel trapped by the workload (worked for me SO well last year)
- study in a group (with people who aren't deadbeats though)
- if you can't bring yourself to write practice essays, working out a thesis and essay structure (with topic sentences) for each past paper question can serve you just as well

Good luck!!

daydremah

HSC
Thanks for all the replies/advice.. feel much better now.

btw if you listen to Gregorian chants it will help alleviate [FONT=&quot][/FONT] stress when you're studying.. as weird as the music sounds.. it really works!& for those who are procrastinating get back to work!

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
From how I see it, uni is very easy for those who aim for pass or credit.
Those who aim for HD will have to work quite hard.

Also depends on the degree/uni

Guesss

HSC
My predicament exactly!

Rianaa

HSC
Join the club. I've been on holidays for 2 weeks, and I've only finished notes for 2 subjects and half an assignment. I have so much to do but I just can't get motivated to do it. Now...trials are in 3 weeks and I'm starting to freak out. Arrghhhh!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)