I feel so down (1 Viewer)

Jin-17

Hello all,

Maybe some other people are feeling the smae thing, but I regreat that I haven't put my soul and heart into the HSC. I still believe I can still get the UAI I want (with gods luck), but I regreat not studying harder and wish if i did everything again and also (Change some of my dman subjects it was boring). Anyways, I hope and pray everyone get what they want and have a good life.

Cya in Uni

Christine

beige member
HSC
hey, don't stress - otherwise u will be where i am (seeing a psychiatrist once a week)

Ok so if u didn't study hard enough - big deal, if ur not happy with your mark u can do it again...

don't beat yourself up about it. whats done is done.

good luck :)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeah i know what you mean jin - i so could have studied a lot more if i made the effort to, and i know i'm not gonna do as well as i could have if i'd focussed on the hsc...

buuuutttt.....
i agree with christine - it's not something you should beat yourself over with. *shrugs* what's done is done and you can't change it. just move on and go to uni. have fun there. fuck high school, we never have to go back there again. it's all behind us now.

and tha'ts what's important! not your hsc mark.

bellicoseboy

If you did do everything again, would you really put more effort in?

Realistically, I think I wouldn't be able to. I'd still have the same attitude and procrastinating tendencies...

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
yeh i know what u mean..!! i'm da same wit u jin..that i didn't put my heart n soul in da hsc...
as much as i wanted to tho...i couldn't make myself to do it :(

but yeh its all ova..u cant change it..its done.. i mean if u dont make it to uni its not the end of the world..there r other oppurtunities out there.. :)

but then again i do want a descent UAI!.. i'll prob b gettin a frigen * !!

and yes realistically.. bellicoseboy is rite..! for me i wouldn't b able to do it again...

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Our teachers tell us you could very well end up with a worse UAI the second time around because you'd lose that will to learn 'change' and 'series' and'motors' all over again...
You think you already know it, but you really have to put the effort in again to remember it...

Well, it's over.

bellicoseboy

I wouldn't do it. I couldn't do it. I'd just accept whatever UAI I got. We had one guy with us this year who had repeated, and he never turned up to class, never did work... now that I mention it I don't think he even went to the exams.

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
Originally posted by bellicoseboy
I wouldn't do it. I couldn't do it. I'd just accept whatever UAI I got. We had one guy with us this year who had repeated, and he never turned up to class, never did work... now that I mention it I don't think he even went to the exams.
same here! there was this guy that came bak afta doin his hsc last yr.. and he was at skool fo like 2-3wks and dropped out again..

Jin-17

thank you very much for everyone's input. Its nice that there are so many kind people out there in this world and a gentle word goes so far. I gurantee that everyone will get what they want and hope fully have a fulfing life and finally be one with mother nature. And no I am not under the influence of drugs at the moment. Even so, dont expect any mercy in the good game of soccer when I play for UTS heh heh.

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
I am also one of those people who believe that I haven't put my heart and soul into this HSC.
But I have tried! I started right at the beginning of Yr11, and it did work at first. I was coming in the top 10 for most of my subjects, but I just couldn't keep up with all that studying. So after a while, my ranking in Ancient History was no longer 4th, it was 14th. I'd dropped 10 places!!! And my ranking for other subjects also dropped. Except for English though, my ranking actually improved throughout the year.

I realized that the trials were my last chance to make a difference, and it did for most of my subjects. Like for Ancient History, my final ranking was 10th.

Anyway, I believe that if I did attempt to do the HSC again, I wouldn't be as serious about it. It's the first time round that you get all the thrills of stress and anxiety. But once you've been through it, you know it's really not that big of a deal after all. Like I realize now, that when it comes down to it, the HSC is just another exam. But try telling that to one of the Yr11s!

Geez this is long! Sorry about that :)

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Yeah i know how that goes. I went from 2nd in modern, just one mark away from 1st, down to 13th :( and the thing is i KNOW i could have done so much better...ahhh well its all over now, cant do anything about it :)

Ozz^E

ah well..look on the bright side...its ova! And the following yrs students can learn from our mistakes...Put in the effort first time round!

kaseita

they never do though - learn the mistakes we make :)
I'm pretty sure I had enough warnings...but hey, I was ignorant too.

but I still have time to atone myself! I can still actually study hard for my last TWO exams :(
I've actually been studying harder for these ones than I normally do...

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
yeah i feel down too.. i didn't think i would....

i know this is kinda off topic, but now the HSC has finished, it feels like school has really finished. and its sad... i miss it, and i dont know what to do with myself...

plus i didnt put enough effort into the HSC.

Christine

beige member
HSC
I think if i had to i could do the HSC over...

but i'm not too worried.... if i fail and don't get into uni big deal - the worlds still my oyster - i'll just find something else to do :)

Rosie

this is how i look at it....the fact that we all did the HSC course and sat for the exams is a huge achievement on its own! No matter what UAI we get we still have done something that lots of people can't say they have done! I know heaps of people that dropped out in year 10 and 11 coz they couldn't cope with it and thats not their fault, everybody is different. Feel proud about yourselves....we are all legends in my book :p :)

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Same thing here Lazy, compared to last year it was like I didn't study at all :p. I came dux last year by a fraction, then was benchmarked and got shot down 'coz I wasn't a consistent homework/study person. :p (McLake will tell you that I never do maths homework.)

Originally posted by Jin-17
dont expect any mercy in the good game of soccer when I play for UTS heh heh.
Heh, if I actually take up soccer at uni, the uni I go to shall beat you anyday. :p just j/k. I'm more of a mobile obstacle, so I only play defence. It's the only thing I'm good at at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)