i fucked up (1 Viewer)

reece080

HSC
say my atar is 55.3 what the hell can i do with it in relation to getting into uni

MooshyMoosh

HSC
You could always do a search for courses with that ATAR on UAC, you never know what could come up. If not, either hope you can get into your prefered course in the late round, or get into a UWS course that is similar to what you want to study. And if you want to, you could study really hard, get awesome marks, then transfer to another uni.

Hope that helps.

Abbiesaurus

HSC
Yeah some people have gotten into uni with up to 20 points less then the cut off in second round offers. Also I don't know what the uni your applying for is like but at Newcastle uni there is a course called 'new step' that is for hsc students who didn't get the atar they needed. The course goes for a year and there is a variety of courses to choose from and at the end of the year a score based on your results is calculated (similar to a new uai). Then the next year you apply for the course you want to do using your new score just like using your atar. Maybe they have something like that at a uni near you. Also you could sit a 'stat test'.

Last edited:

reece080

HSC
lol guys i ended up getting 52 the atar calc gave me false hopes lolol

HSC
Depending on what you wanted to study, perhaps try Open University or something next year, once you've passed a certain amount of subjects you'll be able to transfer with tertiary qualifications only.

Otherwise TAFE is a very good option, enabling programs at various unis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)