i hate it (1 Viewer)

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
i really hate my major work. and i know all that stuff about how if i don't really LOVE it i won't do well, but i just can't get into it at ALL. would i be stupid to start all over again?

Alimoe_KG

HSC
waterbottle said:
i really hate my major work. and i know all that stuff about how if i don't really LOVE it i won't do well, but i just can't get into it at ALL. would i be stupid to start all over again?
What's your thing about? And yes, it could be quite stupid to start all over again. Unless you know exactly what you want to do this time round.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
waterbottle said:
it's about nothing really. like, it has meaning and stuff but there's no real story.
If it has meaning, how can it be about nothing? Come dear, tell me about it. What's your concept and what're you trying to do?

monique66

don't worry i hate my major work too. But now i'm over it, its probably not as bad as you say. You are your worst critic.

freakcore

HSC
Yeah, damnation is right...theres no one who will ever be as hard on your work as you will. I know im the same...i cant ever see a good thing in most of the things i write but you wont get the same reaction from a teacher or friend.
Youve just got to learn to temper your hate of your work with their view of how you write...no two people will ever see anything in exactly the same way and you cant possibly be looking at your work objectively.

And i wouldnt worry too much about your situation...there are 15 people in my Ext2 class and only one person likes theirs and shes so up herself its not funny....what i mean is that i thinks its a normal reaction to something like this and you shouldnt take it as an accurate critique of your work.

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
yeah... i hate mine on and off... sometimes i try to read it and its soooo shit and other times i think it isnt soooo bad.... still bad but not as bad as i thought

HSC
N/A
When in doubt, re-work it. :) Start from the top and take it in a new direction - works for most people :)

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
it's more the fact that i have a full draft due this week and i hate it that much that i doubt i'll reach the word limit in time. i know i'll be able to rework it later but for the time being, it's shit.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
waterbottle said:

why would u want to start again... u've allready reached this far... if u start again it's most likely u'll end up thinking the same thing anywas...

It wouldn't be stupid... but it'll be very risky unless ur 100% certain u'll complete it on time.. and doesn't that mean u still have to submit a draft even if ur gonna start again...?...

although i'm not writing a short story.. (i'm doing poetry).. there's probably only one poem that i like.. the rest are well... (no comment)... I love the theme i'm working with... but i find that each poem sort of begins to drift off.. i hope to link them back up and hopefully back up their meaning and realtionship in my reflection statement... anyways.. enough about me...

I say continue what ur doing... at this stage it's going to be difficult to start over... (at least that's what i think)... see what ur teacher thinks.. and let a few critical minds at school or something have a read of ur work... or maybe get ur target audience to have a read... that way u'd know if it appeals to them or not...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)