I Hate My School (1 Viewer)

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
I am in yr 10 at a school in Newcastle, which shall not be named, and i have put my subject choices in for senior years, and i put down Music 2 because my mum said that i could do it and i wanted to. so i put it in and my choice was discouraged by most of the faculty but one teacher said that they would teach me with the music 1 class, but more technical and we said ok. this was a month ago and this was when the teachers were going around talking to the people who had to change their courses (sp?) and i wasn't one. and people were saying about mod. history wasn't running but i never got spoken to so i thought whatever.

last week I had to go find the people incharge of the timetables next year and they said 'oh, we must have forgotten about you. lucky you came to see us otherwise you would not be able to do your HSC, hahaha' I WAS NOT HAPPY, but i'm doing mod. history by correspondence and I CAN'T DO MUSIC AT ALL BECAUSE IT IS ON THE SAME LINE AS CHEMISTRY!!!!! IT'S NOT FAIR AND THEY WERN'T EVEN GOING TO TELL ME! and now i have to do drama, which isn't that bad, but it's not music. anyway, just thought people might like to know....

p.s. never give up as easy as I did, but then again i can't do anything about it.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Is your timetable flexible? ie do you get free periods?

Because its possible that you can go to another school to learn during those periods. It's very common....

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
well i had similar problems with my old school. I knew that was gona happen so i changed schools immediately!! If you live in Newcastle, and you REALLY want to do music, you should try and get into the Hunter School of the Performing Arts.

-a-s-h-i-

HSC
yeah my old school was pretty shit and no1 could get there lines so i left and the rest stayed unhappy with their shitty lines...ie. half the girls ended up doing auto!! I think you should look at another school, it isnt that hard finding friends either, ive dont it twice this year!!

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
it sucks when you have problems with your lines, but can't go to another school... thankfully i 'fixed' my problems by doing 2 subjects by correspondence (mod. hist and geography)... the deputy principal put up a bit of a fight though...that said, I can still do music (albeit music 1)...

HSC
hmmm ... sounds like my old high school, also in newy. at SFX this year they only had one music 2 student for this years year 12, and they stuck her in with another music 1 class, and she did really well with that. try doing that.

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
trumpet geek said:
well i had similar problems with my old school. I knew that was gona happen so i changed schools immediately!! If you live in Newcastle, and you REALLY want to do music, you should try and get into the Hunter School of the Performing Arts.
Been there - done that - NEVER GOING BACK THERE AGAIN!!!! long story - don't worry

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
noel_gallagher said:
hmmm ... sounds like my old high school, also in newy. at SFX this year they only had one music 2 student for this years year 12, and they stuck her in with another music 1 class, and she did really well with that. try doing that.
I don't mind about doing music 1 at all, but i can't because they have put it so that chemistry and music are on the same line and i'm doing chem, i've calmed down but it's still not good :Z

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Music 1 is easy to do well in. But if you possibly can, do Music 2, even by correspondence, ESPECIALLY if you're considering going to the Conservatorium.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
I am so going to bomb music. I'm trying hard, but I already got a 0 in one assessment. I did the f**king composition, my teacher watched me do it, and I left it up on the computer, and the bitch closed it and gave me 0! GRRR!!

Plus I am just better at my other subjects and I need some time to cool off and just play my guitar.

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
music dr said:
Been there - done that - NEVER GOING BACK THERE AGAIN!!!! long story - don't worry

fuck that - move to Sydney, and to go Newtown Performing Arts instead!! Way beter than hunter school! Or yes do that phanatical said - do music 2 by corespondence

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
come to maitland grossmann high - 30 mins down the road. the BEST school UAI wise in the maitland district. We've got a great music faculty, aguably one of the best in the state. Great head teacher (Kim Sutherland) who is involved in many in school and out of school music activities. We also run Music 1, 2 and if you really want Mu. Extension.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)