I hate Target! (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
MiuMiu said:
Don't ever be fooled thinking that management at any colesmyer store care about you. You are just there to cover their arses when they need more work done.
So you're telling me you've worked at every CML store and subsidiary? Wow, impressive resume.

HSC
my manager is an awesome bloke i must say. hes professional, yet, a comical and here-have-a-free-beer-for-your-hard-work type of casual guy.
i love my new job now. i no longer have that "oh fuck, i have work today" feeling that i had with my old job.

chepas

HSC
steph@nie said:
Most stores are chronically understaffed, most workers are overworked and most managers are very angry. Register supervisors are harassed by customers and management. It's just the way it is.
:uhhuh:. Though I think the harrassing and hatred between reg sups and management is mutual. The full-time woman through the week is becoming more bitter each day that passes. But yet I like almost all the management where I am. Especially the one that doubles as Ops/Registers/Receiving manager. She's a champion and is overworked to the point of death.

Though in our store there are three really excellent managers (one of whom is leaving on Monday :(. He's had enough of the Target bullshit), who get work done and have excellent rapports with their staff, and then the others who do nothing and whose departments are in constant disarray (not that the whole store isn't, but that's beside the point!). Come to think of it even the dodgy managers are really approachable and friendly, they all don't seem like managers, just like staff who tell us what to do.

I started about a month after the HSC in 04, and about two months later was on refunds. Am also thanking the Lord that I was hired as permanent part-time - annual and sick leave, and super. Bonus! And being on refunds (fine, that prestigious "Register Supervisor" title...) is fun. Free arguments with customers, useless paperwork to do and a false sense of power and importance - what more could you ask for.

How was everyone's stocktake? I think ours was a lot less painless than last July's, which was a total disaster. Started on the Saturday, no Sunday, then Mon-Thur, we finished pretty much by lunchtime on Thursday. Checking sound bar is fun :). Our's is always nearly empty of customers (well, come to think of it the whole of #52 always is) so it was easy to check without many errors.

Sabbo said:
when i was at the offsite doing stocktake
Ah you've been to your offsite? Wow, there you go. What's it like there?

Sabbo

HSC
chepas said:
Ah you've been to your offsite? Wow, there you go. What's it like there?
Dirty, either really hot or really cold. Once it gets night the temperature stabilises but. Just heaps of shelfs basically. But in the end it's not too bad. If they ever make you go make sure you wear some old clothing cause you'll be quite dirty in the end (especially if you are there 9 hours like we were) haha :)
I missed out of the last Stocktake cause I was overseas. They just try to compress it more and more every year. I started Sunday for 4 hours and then Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 3pm to 12am every day. The other group of stocktakers started at 6am every day till 3 pm. Oh well..money, money, money :)
One night I had to scan boxes of Greeting/Birthday/etc Cards. Took me like 8 hours since they all had different bar codes. Nearly went insane!

Last edited:

chepas

HSC
Sabbo said:
One night I had to scan boxes of Greeting/Birthday/etc Cards. Took me like 8 hours since they all had different bar codes. Nearly went insane!
ARGH greeting cards!!! I got blessed with about 5 locations in the middle reserve of hallmark cards and gift wrap and all that kind of crap. Took forever - time just stood still. And a lot of them scanned/keyed in as invalid, so in the end 3578 0694 it was. Was so tempting just to count everything and just put 1 billion or whatever the quantity in with that misc code...

This year was weird. We're losing money so they didn't bother with the Sunday as it would have cost an extra fortune in staff lol, and we only had 7-5, 1-10 and 5-10 shifts. Doing a 5pm-10pm then a 7am-5pm one after another was not fun, (and I don't think permissible under our EBA without paying some sort of overtime, something about minimum sleep requirement...?). Like you say, money money money.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
you need a 10 break between shifts!!

I only did stocktake two days, Sunday 8-6 and Monday 10-7. We had Saturday 5-10, Sunday 8-6 and then Monday to Friday 6am-12am with the shifts split 6am-3pm and 3pm-12am. Our store is fairly big but we were done by Thursday night.

Last edited:

chepas

HSC
That didn't seem to worry the my manager lol... Though twas my fault because I swapped with a guy for my 7-5 shift on that day because he needed to do something at night (when he was rostered on for 5-10). Again, something that didn't worried my manager.

*Minka*

HSC
I didn't do any stocktake - got a bunch of 14 & 15 year old kids in for huge shifts and had them do the lot.

One kid is even 14 and 6 months - didn't even think that was legal.

rossverg

HSC
Hmm Can some one tell me what pay I can expect for c casual position? I'm 18 by the way.

I've got an interview to work @ Tagret in Broadway tomorrow but now I am seriosuly considering cancelling ym applciation after reading the above negative comments. I tried for Woolies ages ago and mroe recently but they have no cashier positions in the areas I want to work :(

T

Testpilot

rossverg said:
Hmm Can some one tell me what pay I can expect for c casual position? I'm 18 by the way.

I've got an interview to work @ Tagret in Broadway tomorrow but now I am seriosuly considering cancelling ym applciation after reading the above negative comments. I tried for Woolies ages ago and mroe recently but they have no cashier positions in the areas I want to work :(
I work at Coles Supermarkets as a casual. I get $10.63 an hour. So you'd probably be about $11.XX. Its not that bad, you learn to ignore the managers.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
someone claiming to be from target even sent me a spam email to confirrm i signed up for a gift card. very dodgy email, its fake. gay.

The subject is: Regarding, Your Ta[r]get Gift_Card

Code:
Members# ([COLOR="Red"]my email undisclosed[/COLOR])

Please verify your E-Mail at the link below. for your gift_card(500Dollars)!

http://gratuitousclemency.com/ttargetxhm1

Congratulations,
Kimberly Dawson
Market Rep

**With_Participation**

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Optophobia said:
Another quality post by f3nr15.

lol forward it to target?
Sounds liek a great idea but too bad I deleted it .. .oh hold on yes its in my junk email folder yep im on my way

EDIT: RIFKen this is my 1,000th post.

Last edited:

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
I was just at the group interview for target broadway.

It's funny, I had to borrow a pen from my old job place so I can use it on the interview.

They said they're aiming to hire around 200 workers.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
AntiHyper said:

It's funny, I had to borrow a pen from my old job place so I can use it on the interview.

From China, India and Thailand ?

rossverg

HSC
AntiHyper said:

Hmm how was it? Was it reasonably easy?

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Umm all we did was introduce ourselves with a smaller group of 10 or so.

Then grouply attempt 2 tasks, merchandising & prioritisation.

It's easy to do.

rossverg

HSC
AntiHyper said:
Umm all we did was introduce ourselves with a smaller group of 10 or so.

Then grouply attempt 2 tasks, merchandising & prioritisation.

It's easy to do.

Ok, thanks for that

KirrynAlane

HSC
Hahaha. I work at Target, its my first job, so admittedly i have nothing to compare it to, but it doesnt seem so bad. I work at the Erina store in childrenswear and everyone ive come across so far has been so, so friendly. I dont feel like i was trained fully, but its ok, cuz im learning everything eventually. I dont really hve ne complaints :)

HSC
N/A
*Minka* said:
Anyone else here work at Target and bloody hate it? They treat me like shit, the managers will not do their job properly, you can call for a price check and the people don't come, everything is seriously wrong with that place. They don't let people go on time and they try and make people cancel everything to come work.

Anyone else working at Target and hating it? I am trying desperatly to get out, but no luck sigh.
Can I just ask why?

You seem really frustrated.. that's not good for you. Find a job somewhere else. =)

*Minka*

HSC
vulgarfraction said:
Can I just ask why?

You seem really frustrated.. that's not good for you. Find a job somewhere else. =)
I do think it is the Target I work at - just the most incompetantly run place around. It is a bit hard to find a different job while at University though and sometimes I feel like I get a bit discriminated against in interviews because of my accent and Croatian name. I know it sounds stupid, but I have handed in resumes and people looked at the name and have made faces.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)