I Hate The Sisters (1 Viewer)

laracroft

the catholic trial was specifically on gon and reg and some1 in this forum rekons the hsc q will be about them 2....i'm going to die.
i don't think there is any possible way that i can write an essay purely on gon and reg,
i can see how they're important and that, but i never knew we had to specifically concentrate on certain characters in the play...
i dunno what to do..
any have ne clues or hints :( thanks for any help

little_red_fox

Yeah, I know I read that question and thought there was no way I could possibly answer it or write enough...I don't know how I'd cope either with a character one, how bad would it be if it was on the fool? Hopefully it's a nice general one like "there are as many interpretations as there are readers", don't know what I'd do if it was on specific scenes though, hopefully someone can help

egnaro

HSC
The trick to writing about them is by either looking at the story from their point of view, or looking at it from lears point of view. To further help,

Sisters view: The beginning [when they are professing love to lear] they know that if they do not do it properly they will recieve nothing, As shown in the case of cordelia so they are merely doing as Lear ask.
-Lear is seen as a burdon. He turns their home into a burless (prostitute) house and treats their subjects wrongly, is it really that bad to remove his knights when they will protect him properly.
-They are indirectly being accused of plotting to kill lear ( there is never a scene in which either of them orders it so).
-And human lust is apparent in all wakes of life and you cannot blaim them for finding a man attaractive.

Evil sisters view: Beginning shows them lying and decieving the poor king into giving them more land then they deserve.
-They are seen as ungrateful by throwing the king out of their house.
-They seem to not care about the king even though knowing that he is wondering the storm and possibly could die
- they only care about themselves and are consumed by edmunds lust

Hope this helps, as markers are actually looking into personal views on the matter so write what you feel about it and it should be all good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)