i hate word limits (1 Viewer)

steffo

steph
HSC
is anyone else have heinous problems with their word limit?
especially for log book, and central material.
i'm over on both. my log book sounds like a robot is writing it. coz i cut out most "and"s and "the"s it's all disjointed like i can't speak english. OH WELL. WORD LIMIT'S FAULT.
how likely are the markers to mark u down if u are a little bit over? like 100 words voer in log, and like 500-700 words over in central? can they even tell?
i hate word limits.

jack white

After Hours
HSC
at one stage my pip reached 11, 000 words but i have successfully cut it back to 5550...each of my sections are 10% over - someone please tell me if that is not allowed - i am pretty sure it is....

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I think a little bit over the word-limit is okay.

steffo, write something that the markers will understand, even if it is over the word limit, it is better than handing in something that the markers will not understand. The bottom line is: are you putting in too much information? Have you made your points succint? The markers are looking for those as well, to see whether you have analysed the information so the appropriate information is included, while excluding the irrelevant ones.

steffo

steph
HSC
i'm pretty sure everything is succinct. it's just that i did a bunch of methodologies and ended up having a lot of information to put in. i also didn't want to cut out important parts of my research, parts that i thought were essential to the topic i am covering, so i left them there.
i've worked pretty hard so i don't think i'll do badly and it's really not THAT much over the word limit. my appendices and bibliography takes up heaps of room anyway, so the projct will be thick as anything- spose they wont be able to tell exactly how thick the central material is. devious i know.

thanks for you comment

miss_depp

The Graduate
HSC
Word limits suck...

I hate word limits, particularly in English.

One guy in my Extension 2 class wrote a "short" story which got up to 19000 words and he's had to make major cuts to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)