I have a issue with my yr coordinator (1 Viewer)

xLover

HSC
N/A
Well, this is more of a personal matter, so if any of yous know much on teachers discriminating and abusing their discretion over student, please inbox

I got my 1st detention last week for watching youtube in class :( i couldnt find the detention room so i went home, I got 2 detentions this week, I did one yesterday from 12-3 and other was today from 8am-11am, I was sick and didn't go, my coordinator called me and said I have a meeting with him and my parents are required to come on top of that i will have detention every since week when i come back from holidays for 2 hours per week.

What can I do?

thanks.

Peeik

HSC
I got my 1st detention last week for watching youtube in class :( i couldnt find the detention room so i went home, I got 2 detentions this week, I did one yesterday from 12-3 and other was today from 8am-11am, I was sick and didn't go, my coordinator called me and said I have a meeting with him and my parents are required to come on top of that i will have detention every since week when i come back from holidays for 2 hours per week.

What can I do?

thanks.
Your fault to choose to go home, you shouldve went to see the head teacher or the deputy to notify that you dont know where the room is. The fact that you went home showed you were ignorant.

Peeik

HSC
Well, this is more of a personal matter, so if any of yous know much on teachers discriminating and abusing their discretion over student, please inbox

What can I do?

thanks.
Do you have a doctors certificate or a note from your parent/caregiver?

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
that is so gg, I would probably get parents involved saying that I'm willing to sit the detention, and ask for no further detentions for missing the previous one.

if you missed any sort of detention at my school you were f****d, if you missed 20 minute lunch, instant upgrade to 30minutes friday arvo which notified your parents. if you missed 30minute friday arvo, instant upgrade to 2 hours the following week

enoilgam

HSC
Your fault to choose to go home, you shouldve went to see the head teacher or the deputy to notify that you dont know where the room is. The fact that you went home showed you were ignorant.
This pretty much, you should have done more.

that is so gg, I would probably get parents involved saying that I'm willing to sit the detention, and ask for no further detentions for missing the previous one.

if you missed any sort of detention at my school you were f****d, if you missed 20 minute lunch, instant upgrade to 30minutes friday arvo which notified your parents. if you missed 30minute friday arvo, instant upgrade to 2 hours the following week
It was the same at my HS, skipping a detention without a good reason meant that they upgraded the punishment big time. Look, you might have a case for mitigation, but I dont think that you will be able to avoid punishment completely for missing the first detention.

mac1996

HSC
im in the same position as you, in terms of discrimination
i found the bitch's number and im planning to put it on gumtree, next time she does something
plus her house is getting egged after hsc

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
why dont you man up, accept you were wrong and stop looking for excuses or somewhere to pass off the blame?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
You were wrong, not them. Why didn't you abide by their processes?

xLover

HSC
N/A
This pretty much, you should have done more.

It was the same at my HS, skipping a detention without a good reason meant that they upgraded the punishment big time. Look, you might have a case for mitigation, but I dont think that you will be able to avoid punishment completely for missing the first detention.
the issue isnt the first detention that i skipped, its about the last detention that i failed to attend because I was sick, "8am-11am, I was sick and didn't go, my coordinator called me and said I have a meeting with him and my parents are required to come on top of that i will have detention every since week when i come back from holidays for 2 hours per week."

Peeik

HSC
the issue isnt the first detention that i skipped, its about the last detention that i failed to attend because I was sick, "8am-11am, I was sick and didn't go, my coordinator called me and said I have a meeting with him and my parents are required to come on top of that i will have detention every since week when i come back from holidays for 2 hours per week."
Like I said, do you have a doctor certificate or a note from your parents/caregiver(s)? If you dont, then it is the same as jigging a detention from the point of view of the teacher. They dont know you are sick until you present some form of evidence. Because they havent seen any evidence, that is why your coordinator elevated your punishment.

xLover

HSC
N/A
Like I said, do you have a doctor certificate or a note from your parents/caregiver(s)? If you dont, then it is the same as jigging a detention from the point of view of the teacher. They dont know you are sick until you present some form of evidence. Because they havent seen any evidence, that is why your coordinator elevated your punishment.
last day of school, and he rang my mother who confirmed i was sick. And I will be taking a note first day back.

Lul

HSC
Mate, just book an appointment with my defence lawyer...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)