i have to do an essay on this question, please help as i haven't got my books wit me! (1 Viewer)

Redneck Chick

HSC
The question is:
"A physical journey can be too easily dismissed as a movement from one place to another."
I've done a bit on it but its not enuff! so if ya can lend a hand plz do!

Jess241186

HSC
have you mentioned that the poems show an emotional journey? either positive or negative??? im not too good in this section of study but just a thought :rolleyes:

sly fly

HSC
Basically, it's just saying that physical journeys are not merely travelling from one place to another. They allow for intellectual stimulation, spiritual expansion, emotional growth and all in all, internal development. Im sure u already knew that though. So yeah just talk about how physical journeys are metaphoric of inner journeys blah blah blah. Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

What is it exactly u need help with?

Redneck Chick

HSC
hey thanks sly fly,
i was just looking for more things to put into the essay as i feel it wasn
't long enough. thanks for your help i appreciate it really.
Redneck Chick. :rolleyes:

sly fly

HSC
No worries, you've probly already done the essay by now, but if u ever think ur essay isn't long enough just include more techniques. Hit the techniques hard, even if u think you've used enough, and that should take up some space. Also, synthesising is good for filling up space, and talking about synthesis usually leads u to talk about something else.

rowdog

marg will help

look at Margaret Atwood's Journey to the Interior. She tells us that despite our geographical location in the world, if we as individuals are not conscious and aware of our inner selves, beings, spirits or our 'interior environment,' this location will not fully affect us as she says it is 'easier for me to lose my way forever here, than in other landscapes.' Journeys must be viewed as a holistic concept which means physical journeys are not merely the moving from one place to another as the experiences, scenery and lessons learnt along the way transcend emotional, spiritual and imaginative journeys. Our senses (sight, taste, hearing, touch, smell) are the basis of our perceptions of the world and so physical journeys and the external environment impacts greatly upon our belief system, broadens the mind, challenges us to accept new ideas and cultures, enables us to reach self-actualisation, heightened awareness and inspiration. The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost describes a basic journey through a 'yellow wood' and the character chooses a road to travel down as he reaches two roads diverged. This poem seems simple at first glance but when studied more closely it is obvious that the road is a metaphor for the 'journey of life' which is an ancient metaphor as pointed out by Renay Walker, Blood on the Tracks. Frost describes the choices we make in life that often unknowingly, alter the entire course of our lives. 'I took the one less travelled by, And that has made all the difference' suggests that an individual may make a huge, life altering decision that leads them down a harder path in life, the non-conventional road. As the poem has a nostalgic tone this suggests that the writer has accepted the choices he made in life as they have shaped the person he is today and he has learnt and gained experience from hardship and challenges. This poem is about acceptance.
Physical journeys affect all aspects of our lives and have so many different outcomes that they can't be dismissed as simply moving from one place to another...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)