I just dont get economics (1 Viewer)

EroticCity

I just dont get economics. All the jargon language confuses me and i feel like i need to understand economics in "simple language" in order for me to get it. Can anyone give me some advise on how to approach the subject.

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
approach it as if you've never heard anything before. Draw up the standard demand - supply curve and work from there. Understand the ideas of opportunity cost, and work your way through the stages of the textbook. The subject is challenging and requires you to write using economics terminology however you can break it down a bit and recieve top marks. The best way to do it is to read the glossary at the end of each chapter before actaully starting the chapter to familiarise yourself with the terms and get a feel for what you are going to be reading about :) if you have any specific questions feel free to pm me or post them up everyone is willing to help

bobby2004

Management
HSC
N/A
i'm with ya mate. i hate economics as well. it is based more on theory than anything else. I also have difficulty relating it to real life situations. My main problem is the essays which are in the HSC. They are so broad and can cover any section of the syllubus ( - unlike legal studies which is based on just 2 chapters). Anyway my response to your question::: Do a mindmap of some sort which outlines the main ideas. Memorise these and let them roll off your tounge in the exam room. Hopefully the examiners will get ya gist and/or give you marks because they feel sorry for ya mate. Anyway, good luck, i hope this helps. See ya in the forum bud.

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
I agree with nick1048.

However, like you, when I first started Economics I was clueless, but now I'm really starting to understand the concepts etc. I recommend you purchase Leading Edge Textbooks, they're not very expensive abt $37 for prelim and $50 for hsc and they explain the concepts so simply. So you can refer to Leading Edge is you don't really understand something.

Also, if you need any help just post you question, we are all willing to help.

coroneos

nuh economics is all about memorisation.. if u read the textbook 50x, u will be 1st in the state.. trust me!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
It also doesnt hurt to have decent vocabulary...one that doesnt include the word memorisation...

Matthaeus

Economics is NOT about memorisation. Like i know lot of it sounds like someone had too much to drink but essays test understanding and and reading the text bk is about regurgitations, u well never do well in the essays on reading txt bk alone.

Doing practice essays and getting ur teacher to mark them is seriously a good idea, doing trial papers should be good practice for short answer and mc.

To understand eco, u really need someone to explain it to you, so if u dun have a good teacher then it just gets a whole lot harder. Like i find talking to someone about economic issues, esp discussion or arguments are really good. So make friends with the resident eco nerd or get a tutor. :)

EroticCity

Thanks guys that really helps. i have been practising multiple choice and i have noticed that many questions are similar but in different words. Yeh and i also noticed working with a friend is helpful and more fun than by myself. I still hate economics but! Waaaaaa...... And apparently coz I'm a Libran im meant to be a logical person... he he

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)