I just found out you can edit titles by double clicking their name on the thread list (1 Viewer)

sy37

HSC
Re: So.. fellow 15'ers, what after HSC?

tbh i just want to freelance

you know those niche gaming / hacking forums with those select few coder that are respected by everyone in the community and rake in big $$$ just making stuff? Yeah, those.

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC

What if you are passionate about making money, not because of the monetary value it holds but because you like to work hard and enjoy the rewards by getting something that is very useful to you
The two things I've bolded are contradictory. If you don't care about monetary value then you are more inclined to work in a field you are passionate about, because accomplishing a task is the reward! If you don't care about monetary value then why bother pursuing money in the first place when you can do something that rewards you on a non superficial level.

I know lots of rich people who live shit lives doing something that they hate that earns them $$$$, but I know even more poor people who live much more rewarding lives doing something that they love!

Last edited:

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC

you know those niche gaming / hacking forums with those select few coder that are respected by everyone in the community and rake in big $$$ just making stuff? Yeah, those.
If you want to freelance then do it man! You think those coders were in it for the $$$? OFC not, but by pursuing an area that they enjoy, they became good at it, because it's easy to work at something you love to do! Once you become 'good' at something people will want to purchase your 'good' goods from you, and then you can make $$$.

$+Something you love= gud timez allround.

turntaker

HSC

Going to build a nice PC for gaming/coding.
Learning more web development and deploying a few basic ideas that I have.
Hitting the gym.
Jamming with my mates and writing some new music.
Making some cash from freelancing/part time work.

And I might take a gap year and visit my home country.

Ruptur3

HSC
N/A

Going to build a nice PC for gaming/coding.
Learning more web development and deploying a few basic ideas that I have.
Hitting the gym.
Jamming with my mates and writing some new music.
Making some cash from freelancing/part time work.

And I might take a gap year and visit my home country.
Seems like everybody wants to do freelancing. Means more competition for me. That's bad. I need a new career path.

I guess tax parasite is always open for me.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

turntaker

HSC

Probably take a couple of months off, maybe even a gap year. Go to tafe, finish a couple of certs so i'm not completely useless. Finally invest some time to contributing to opensource projects on github so i can build a suitable portfolio for freelancing. After i'm bored of that, start using the money i got from online gambling to travel around the world.

It's good to think about what you want to do in the future, i guess, otherwise go with the flow.

I know a mate that's studying like doing a solid 8 hours a night to stack up dem band 6s , then go straight to uni, then get some qualifications in software engineering or animation or w./e so he can sit in a cubicle 9-5. What a dream. Doesn't sound so appealing to me.
I don't agree with this.
I don't see university as a means to get a piece of paper which will give you a 9-5 job. Actually that is the last thing I want. In my opinion, university gives you more than just a certificate. For example like minded people which you can learn lots of things from, inspiration and ideas and the ability to gain knowledge in the field you are interested in.

Innovative ideas need to come from somewhere and ideas are a key to success.
If you have a look at some of the most successful entrepreneurs in the tech field they got their idea during tertiary education.

If the creators of google did not go to uni they wouldn't be successful today. In fact, the google search algorithm was their PhD project from which they understood the potential of their work and later proceeded to run google.com from their garage.

turntaker

HSC

What about having an awesome idea and start working towards it with the same skills.

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC

I might make a useless Windows app, their market's growing pretty fast ever since W10. Already got a few ideas which haven't been done!

turntaker

HSC

I might make a useless Windows app, their market's growing pretty fast ever since W10. Already got a few ideas which haven't been done!
Good idea!
Visual Studio is a fun to use.

astroman

HSC

i wanna make a simple game, like a tap to jump over obstacles lel.

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC

Good idea!
Visual Studio is a fun to use.
It's okay.. I made a game for my SDD project using Visual Basic because that was unfortunately the language our teacher taught us. The final product lagged a lot but I just put that into my documentation as a limitation of the programming language. Although it's really simple, languages like C++ would be a lot better.

turntaker

HSC

i got unreal engine 4, i'm going to tinker with that when i can.
Just from my experiences from both Unity and Unreal Engine, I would recommend unity for its user friendliness and the ability to deploy on multiple platforms.

astroman

HSC

Just from my experiences from both Unity and Unreal Engine, I would recommend unity for its user friendliness and the ability to deploy on multiple platforms.
is unity free?

turntaker

HSC

is unity free?
Yes its free

It is more popular than unreal engine for mobile games and 2d games in general.

And you can use Javascript and c sharp

Flop21

HSC

90+ ATAR? Work + get another job + learn 3u and 4u maths + do 3u bridging course + learn whatever first language you need in computer science / software engineering at UNSW.

<90 ATAR? Cry. Try for a science degree with the intention of transferring.

<80 ATAR? Cry even more.

huntyy

HSC

1. going to hong kong for 3 months ( just bought the plane tix recently!! yay!!) & probably going to eat a lot
2. freak about my ATAR
3. apply for a job.... idk where tho, looking at uniqlo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)