I like to study at Macquarie (1 Viewer)

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Hello,
I am looking for some solid advice. My situation is i am currently a tafe student, decided to drop advanced diploma and just complete the diploma subjects i failed which is prepare tax and financial evaluation, i got distinctions and credits for all subjects through tafe but i flopped the those subjects because i was working 40-45 hours a week last year and never bothered with those two difficult ones, had some debt i needed to pay off. I am debt free now, so have more time to study.

Anyway i am looking to go to SIBT (fee help) because i dont think i can get in directly because of my fail results. I read up that i need a GPA of 2, but i already know i want to be an accountant and the degree is called Bachelor of Commerce- Professional Accounting which needs GPA of 1.5, i was wondering how difficult it is to get GPA of say 2 - 2.5? how many hours a week is uni? i am looking at standard course, which says 3 semesters over 12 months finish in 3 years. I think that may suit me better. Also what is your experiences?

If anyone from TAFE transferred to MQ, how much harder is it compared to say TAFE for 1st and 2nd years? (dont look down at TAFE, is not as easy as you may think).

I just need as much information/advice/insight i can get from current MQ students to decide my path.

Monstar

HSC
Dude if you get an advanced diploma they let you in.. No matter what you failed.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Dude if you get an advanced diploma they let you in.. No matter what you failed.
Are you serious?? my teacher did say to check up with a career adviser down at mq, so i will call them up in the morning today, and book an appointment to decide what is the best path. MQ really has the degree that suit me in prof-acctg

I didnt submit my form yet to withdraw, he is pending it. I dont find the avd diploma too hard just it takes quite a bit of time to study and 7 subjects way too much.

I never knew about what you said though, thought you need at least credit average and fail results will drop my entry marks

chuvakboyarin

MQC Rules...
HSC
What exactly do you want to study.???
You can study at city campus and get your Bachelor in less than 2 years..

blackrider89

HSC
What exactly do you want to study.???
You can study at city campus and get your Bachelor in less than 2 years..
Studying at the city campus let u have a degree from MQ, but actually this campus belongs 2 Navitas and I smell something fishy here. Just like MQ are trying to sell their degrees.

chuvakboyarin

MQC Rules...
HSC
See..this is the problem...someone said something about buying degrees which is completely NOT TRUE. I study at city campus and the standards their are just as high..if you want believe something its totally up to you..

Monstar

HSC
I really dont think so mate. Some of these accounting tutors are brutal .

Nikki19

HSC
I really dont think so mate. Some of these accounting tutors are brutal .
What do you mean by the word "Brutal" as in hard in marking exams as this is seen as a good thing or do you mean brutal as in "mean"?

Nikki19

HSC
Studying at the city campus let u have a degree from MQ, but actually this campus belongs 2 Navitas and I smell something fishy here. Just like MQ are trying to sell their degrees.

How is it fishy? there is no proof that they are selling their degrees? There is a Macquarie Institute thatson George Street which the quality is way different to Macquarie in the city...

Do explain by fishy and if there is any actual real evidence that you have seen as itsa big question of my understanding...
very confused

Nikki19

HSC
"Failed" ummm I had to investigate this and see if this is true, I have spoken to my fellow classmates and the students who graduated from the Advanced or Diploma level at SIBT have strong GPA's and they did state you must have a certain GPA in order to continue in to the degree, where as students going into the BCOM at MQ do not need to have a set GPA but certain passing marks...There is a set level of standards at SIBT and the students were strongly agreeing to their statement...

to the Korean crazy girl: if you get the opportunity to study in Australia and the chance to study further that is a huge opportunity. Studying at either campus (I have studied at both campuses) let me say you will get the best advantages of both campuses if you use it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)