• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I missed my HSC exam... (1 Viewer)

winterfall

HSC
I just found out that I had a Japanese 2u HSC exam on Saturday. I missed it obviously and very worried now. What the hell do I do now?????

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: I missed my HSC exam...

How'd you manage that :|

white ferret

HSC
dont do any languages, so have no idea. talk to your teacher. maybe they can convince them to slot you in on some other day?

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
unless you argue that you've been in a coma or something, i don't think you have an argument for "not knowing" it was on

have you talked to your teacher? classmates?

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
how could you not know dude?

zomg

lol

AND I LIVE IN BEVERLY HILLS TOO

winterfall

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: I missed my HSC exam...

I do this subject with a distants education school, the rest are done at TAFE. They told me the dates a long time ago...i wrote it in my diary but i must have completely missed it. Also my teacher went miss and didn't call to remind me...
I was doing so well =(

I'm going to try the misadventure appeal...

Aaron.Judd

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: I missed my HSC exam...

I don't think the Op is trolling. I don't do any language subjects, but I know a lot of them have had HSC exams in the past 3/4 weeks, with a couple of my friends having them (French and German).

Have you spoken to your teacher about this???

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: 回复: Re: I missed my HSC exam...

Lol I don't think a "i forgot about it" would be a sufficient "misadventure".

bad luck, talk to your teacher/principle.

melonkitten

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: I missed my HSC exam...

1. Miss exam
2. Misadventure
3. ????
4. PROFIT!!!

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
Hey, I do a subject via distance ed because they don't offer it at my school.

Wasn't our only supervised HSC exam was supposed to be completed in the month of July? I'm 199% sure of this because I have the notice right here and the confirmation email of the date I sat the exam with the warning at the bottom "This is a reminder to let you know that your supervised assessment must be sat within the month of July. This assessment must be received by the latest on the 31st of July 2008. If the assessment is not received by the final due date of the 31st of July, we will submit a Non completion "N" determination to the board of studies..." blah blah blah

If it's still possible, you can ask to have the test sent to the examination clerk at your local TAFE and sit for the exam there - but I’m not sure how possible that is.

If you’re ranking is pretty good it’s possible to get 0 for this exam and still keep a relatively good ranking (though remember that this is your final ranking excersie for the year, you won’t be given another opportunity to improve your rank.

emo-kid-91

Cheer me up?
HSC
always.dreaming said:
Hey, I do a subject via distance ed because they don't offer it at my school.

Wasn't our only supervised HSC exam was supposed to be completed in the month of July? I'm 199% sure of this because I have the notice right here and the confirmation email of the date I sat the exam with the warning at the bottom "This is a reminder to let you know that your supervised assessment must be sat within the month of July. This assessment must be received by the latest on the 31st of July 2008. If the assessment is not received by the final due date of the 31st of July, we will submit a Non completion "N" determination to the board of studies..." blah blah blah
same as with aaron.judd, at my school both the french and japanese classes had their HSC oral exams in the same two weeks as the rest of us sat trials, ie. 4-18 august.

shadyhaze

HSC
well you could just get yourself a docters cert and say you were sick, unethical yes..but better than missing out on a % of your hsc?

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
winterfall said:
I just found out that I had a Japanese 2u HSC exam on Saturday. I missed it obviously and very worried now. What the hell do I do now?????
Omg, I know you. :)
You should have got a letter weeks ago specifying the details of your speaking exam. So that's strange... I do German through the OHS and they kept reminding me...
So you didn't get the letter?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
shadyhaze said:
well you could just get yourself a docters cert and say you were sick, unethical yes..but better than missing out on a % of your hsc?
A doctor giving a restrospective Doctor's certificate is illegal and most doctor's simply won't do it due to that reason - it puts their license to practise medicine at risk. A doctor's certificate, by itself, isn't accepted by the BOS anyway. They have their own form that has to be filled in on the day of the exam by the doctor, according to the BOSLO who came to our school to talk to the teachers on the first day of this term. This form requires the doctor to agree to further questions being asked about the illness rather than just a simple 'unable to work/attend school' form.

With no paperwork in place already I fear our op will have lost those marks.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
It's a shame... :S

My info says:

No alternative arrangements will be made for students who fail to attend a scheduled examination. Should a student be ill on the oral examination day, the Board's usual procedures will apply. Students should read the section on Illness and Misadventure in the Rules and Procedures for HSC candidates booklet.

I don't know what you can do...

Yamiyo

HSC
Be thankful it was only a 20% exam and don't let it happen again for the 100% ones!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)