i moved down 2 general (1 Viewer)

fallovachick

where would u like me lcoated? ;) lol Just kidding
HSC
heya i moved down to general maths coz my 2 unit teacher wasnt very nice to us 2 unit pplz coz we had to merge wif the 3 unit pplz anywayz i thought general was gonna be shit easy but i got down there and half the stuff that is being done i havent done since i was in yr 8 & 9 so i was totally lost and yah i just felt so bad coz i thought i was gonna do so good then i failed my exam and my teacher said he understood y i failed coz i didnt know wat u guys knew and wowo i was like general maths is harder than wat i first thought so yah has anyone else who has moved down feel the same way?

richz

ummm her dropping becuz her teacher wasnt nice.... u could ask the head of department to move u to another class cant u ????? :rolleyes:

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i dropped from 2 unit to general because i was failing and because my teacher treated me like crap, we only had one 2 unit class so i had no other option, 2 unit was way too hard for me.. and fallovachick, when i did my first general maths test i failed too but trust me its gets sooo much easier.

snowblack

bleh
HSC
currysauce said:
you dropped because your teacher was not nice....
Lots of people in my 2u class dropped because of the teacher so you're not alone there fallovachick. There wasnt room in the other 2u classes especially because the other ones were merged with 3u people. As a matter of fact, half my class dropped because of the teacher so dont be so judgemental currysauce :p

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
try and do more revision on things that you havent done or dont remember, practice makes perfect. Yeah the preconception that EVERYBODY has is that general math is shit easy, however once you realised its shit we've done in junior years you sometime start to freak out.

however, study hard, revise more often and you'll be fine :)
mind you, the HSC exams for GENERAL maths is based on your ability to understand the tricky worded questions. So do more of them and get used to how questions are structured and what is asked of you.

good luck.

shimmerme

HSC
yeah well at my school, there are no 'other' two unit classes.. there is only one, the rest are general. i had to drop down cos i locked horns with the teachers heaps bad, she was a complete bitch (and my uncles ex wife hahaha) and the majority of the class were failing/dropped down.

im actually freaking out now cos i havent gone over any of the prelim shit they did (which is yeah, completely! different to 2 unit) and im about to sit my 1/2yearlys- 25 %

fun fun fun

p.s hi rach! :p

Last edited:

richz

yes if a subject is too hard for u, u drop it but not becuz u hate ur teacher.....
The hsc is all about u putting in the work, the teacher has done his/her bit u have to do ur bit...

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
I movged down to General Maths at the start of this year, and it's good. I understand the work, and I'm finding it easy.

The work is easy. But I still go home and do my homework and study for tests. Definitely not as much as I did in 2 unit, but I'm getting better results in General, than I did in 2 unit (highest was 57% - lowest was 17%)

fallovachick

where would u like me lcoated? ;) lol Just kidding
HSC
yah well see there was only one 2u class at my skool so yah and my teach was a real fuck and a lot of pplz have dropped coz of him coz the 3u pplz are getting held behind coz of us now so yah i just thought it betta to do that then to be blamed for something that we dont get as quick as the 3 u pplz so yah there is my full explanation and thanx everyone for helpin out i got a maths book that has past tests in it so yah ive been doin those hehehe

HSC
don't get cocky of general maths like some of the people here did and score 60% in a general exam :D

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
currysauce said:
you dropped because your teacher was not nice....
Thats the spirit!

Teachers and Tutors will not get you there. You will get you there.

7th Sign

HSC
man im soo stupid i was in 2 unit untill the year 11 yearlies then i got a shit mark like 35% well the exam was hard every one got screwd then the teacher comes up to me and my other 2 mates and is like i think u guys should drop down to general blah blah blah because u will do much better their and it will show good on your uais or some bs hes like i think u guys have the ability to get 90's in general so i dropped....i asked my mum shes like maby their like you should just stay in 2 unit and study alot more we expect you to get 90's in 2 unit like your sister im like i cant im not as smart as her and the teachers suck then they go she got 90% in 3 unit so i dont think the teachers suck so i just got my dad to sign the sheet and drop down...hes not as crazy as my mum hes like dont worry if you dont make it to uni as long as you try your best and my mums full like I expect you to get to uni like your sister .....
so i dropped down first term test last year i get like 50 % im like noooooooooo i thought i was going to get liek 90+ % :( but like 50% of that test was stuff i missed so i was like hmm ok....now half yearlies i got like 60% im like nooooooooo :( im soo pissed ....then the teachers like we are not checking it in class or some bs because the teachers have checked it....so im at home today going throught it and i find like an extra 4% ahhhhh should i go up to the school and monday and complain?

man my life sucks

ill be lucky if i get a uai of 40 :(
ill never get 97 like my sister which im expected to get :(((((((

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)