I need a job. (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Just scored two jobs at uni for the new year. I have to find something to do over the Christmas break though. I do want to go home though. :\

@Shadowdude: Look for jobs advertised on uni boards. They usually turn out well.

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
Just scored two jobs at uni for the new year. I have to find something to do over the Christmas break though. I do want to go home though. :\

@Shadowdude: Look for jobs advertised on uni boards. They usually turn out well.
Nice man! What kind of jobs were they?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Don't think I've ever seen jobs advertised on uni boards... maybe I'm not attentive enough

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't think I've ever seen jobs advertised on uni boards... maybe I'm not attentive enough
while I've been in UNSW less than you and I have seen a dozen of them around. Probably should be more observant when looking at the boards (good place to start is up the stairs between quad and library)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Nice man! What kind of jobs were they?
One is as a tutor, hired by a division of the university. The other is through the Student Services. I'm keen.

We've got a sort of separate division/company that deals with it all. It's well organised. UNSW should do it too.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
while I've been in UNSW less than you and I have seen a dozen of them around. Probably should be more observant when looking at the boards (good place to start is up the stairs between quad and library)
Show me! But that board I think the ones you're referring to are notices for textbook sales and accomodation.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
lolol

i applied for at least 40 places right after uni started this year. Note that i had previous retail experience, still, not 1 single reply.

do some voluntary work at salvations army, at least you'll feel good about yourself and help the needy. And, it'll look good on your resume.
I have !!!!!!!

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Lolz sucks to be you guys. Talk to the managers.

onur91

HSC
N/A
Had a permanent full-time job with a great salary + super. Threw it all away to focus on uni.
Horrible decision.

boris

Banned
HSC
never been rejected from a job application

feelsgoodman
been rejected from one but only because i didnt have the required qualifications. applied anyway, got interview. was 2nd choice

zombies

HSC
After reading the thread on Monday night I decided that I might as well apply for a job at my local pizza hut. And I just did an interview today and now I'm on a 2 week trial period starting next week lol.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
After reading the thread on Monday night I decided that I might as well apply for a job at my local pizza hut. And I just did an interview today and now I'm on a 2 week trial period starting next week lol.
ohh what suburb?

...On another note..WHY THE FUCK is there no next or submit button for the domino's site. I feel like making a thread of job seeking website fails.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Is anyone getting error messages rejecting valid file types? I am unable to upload, .doc, .docx and .pdfs EVEN when the sites say it accepts them. (2 sites so far have done this).

like this:

like wtf is wrong with it??

the file is 70 kb btw.

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Is anyone getting error messages rejecting valid file types? I am unable to upload, .doc, .docx and .pdfs EVEN when the sites say it accepts them. (2 sites so far have done this).

like this:

like wtf is wrong with it??

the file is 70 kb btw.
Make it Resume.PDF maybe. Make it word for word. Character for character.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)