I need a job. (2 Viewers)

twistedrebel

HSC
you get a doctoral, which is higher then PhD, but thats something you get offered.

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
That's true, but, I think in general the first rule that is : if it's not in line with the stumps, then it's not out, precedes..
Hold up, just understood what you actually said.

The rule is,

If the ball isn't in line with the wicket and was going to hit the off-stump for example, then that would be given out. Like you said, it's because the batsman didn't make a genuine effort to play the appropriate stroke. If the ball would be say, 50-50 of hitting the off-stump (some cases it's even 40-60), then it would be given out.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
its always good to get small jobs to build up ur resume

ive worked with the AEC for the past 2-3 years and its something that probably stands out on ur resume if uve previously had a government job

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
they don't
But I read it on the website...

Anyways, looking at my local cricket association's website - I think you need experience and a workshop thing to get a job as an umpire.. I'm not sure you can just go up to them and ask for a job.

apollo1

Banned
HSC
But I read it on the website...

Anyways, looking at my local cricket association's website - I think you need experience and a workshop thing to get a job as an umpire.. I'm not sure you can just go up to them and ask for a job.
lol u cant just become a cricket umpire. do you know all the rules and stuff? even if you know all the rules the applications of stuff like LBW are often complex.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
lol u cant just become a cricket umpire. do you know all the rules and stuff? even if you know all the rules the applications of stuff like LBW are often complex.
Of course I can, I see cricket umpires all the time on TV. =P

I know the general rules, the niche rules - I don't know. Like for example, byes and leg-byes signalling.

More seriously... I'll see what I can do. Office jobs would be nice. As I said, I'll ask around.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
my brother lectures at unsw and he has a bachelor degree

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Hey, I started out mopping the floor just like you guys. But now... now I'm washing lettuce. Soon I'll be on fries; then the grill. And pretty soon, I'll make assistant manager, and that's when the big bucks start rolling in.
LOL this is GOLD!

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
m8 to referee in any sport you need experience in both playing and rule enforcement of the game as well as knowing ins and outs of gameplay, little rules and judgements that may not be commonly implemented and yeah just a lot of shit you won't know or be able to do
anyway, unless its in like the nrl or a major sporting league, refereeing or umpiring a sport is something most people only do as a "hobby" in addition to their real job

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Oh that's what they're calling it now. "Reliable and time efficient". More like: attractive and thus will draw business to the store...
oh come off it, half of those weren't even retail. Perhaps it's your lack of social awareness that leaves you on the bottom of the resumes.

twistedrebel

HSC
m8 to referee in any sport you need experience in both playing and rule enforcement of the game as well as knowing ins and outs of gameplay, little rules and judgements that may not be commonly implemented and yeah just a lot of shit you won't know or be able to do
anyway, unless its in like the nrl or a major sporting league, refereeing or umpiring a sport is something most people only do as a "hobby" in addition to their real job
yeah this, unless you a mad sports fan like major e.g. watch every test, odi and T20 of the summer you ll get fucked over easily. Once i was pressured into doing the centre of a open division 9's (these are your agro shit palyers) and i could rapped in the role. Middle one didnt show up and i was going to run the line. But i am quite confident with the rules and usually run the middle for junior games quite easily.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
fuck just go to a food court and ask every single joint if they have any positions

obviously its your first job (or you wouldnt be this retarded and asking for help)
so just accept that for your first job, especially while you're in uni, you're going to get a small-ish shit job, probably just casual maybe part time, and most probably in a fast food joint or something of the sort

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Lol blame it on the Greek economy. They are pulling all the euro countries down. Italy is next :(

There are a lot of lecturers without a phd.
Yeah, this is true. Heaps of Law lecturers don't have PhDs. Some of them are practicing lawyers/barristers. But, a vast majority of my Arts (Politics) lecturers have PhDs. I wonder why this is....

Of course I can, I see cricket umpires all the time on TV. =P

I know the general rules, the niche rules - I don't know. Like for example, byes and leg-byes signalling.

More seriously... I'll see what I can do. Office jobs would be nice. As I said, I'll ask around.
As PaterzAttack said - in most cases (especially at the junior level) - refereeing is a hobby - I usually only referee a few times a year. Even if you know the rules - you can be put under heaps of pressure. Generally speaking, you make a call based on the information you have, and you stick with it. Even if you may be wrong. Bit like moderating. ;)

But yeah, refereeing is quite enjoyable (even if it is a tad stressful from time to time). Correct me if I'm wrong, but even to referee at the local level, I believe you need certain qualifications? I know in volleyball you did.

Shadowdude - as for office admin jobs - since you're doing Commercey - do you have any family/friends/friends of friends who know someone in a professional services environment. Perhaps you could do some work experience there. :)

twistedrebel

HSC
But yeah, refereeing is quite enjoyable (even if it is a tad stressful from time to time). Correct me if I'm wrong, but even to referee at the local level, I believe you need certain qualifications? I know in volleyball you did.
for local level, you need to do workshop, pass that to ref shitting u10 games. Then with experience, and after you get tested X number of times, you do higher games and so on. So you need to start low and build your way up to higher level games.

boris

Banned
HSC
Every job I've ever applied for I've got a call back and got the job.

can't see what you are doing wrong.
what jobs
artistry shit? freelancing etc? yeah

edit: disregard i read your post immediately after this one

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC
Boning section.
$27 Casual.
$21 Permanent.

I cut up all the thighs and turn them into nice food.
mate start fucking upskilling
if ever there is a nowhere job it is working in an abattoir
that isnt decent money that is base shit, work there while you can and save as much as you can then get some skills and get into something you enjoy atleast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)