I need advice desperately please (1 Viewer)

xisti

HSC
Hey guys, so I have my yearly exams coming up and I'm having a minor little very big mental crisis rn and would love any advice.
So for context, I've always been seen as like a pretty academically strong kid, except I have a horrible work ethic and just cram really hard for assessments and then I just beat myself up when I get the results bc I know I can do better.

For the past year or so I've just been kind of lost. I see all these success stories of people doing extremely well at school and getting a really good ATAR but they always seem to have had a downfall at some point and had an incredible recovery(although I know this is like definitely not always the case I just never hear about those stories). However, I've never really failed a class ever or done 'poorly 'at school - I feel like I'm just gradually improving. But I feel like I need to have a major failure that I recover from in order to do as well as I want(and am expecting myself to do in the future.) I've genuinely considered purposely failing exams just to feel guilty and have a drive to do better, but then academics is what I would say the only thing I'm genuinely above average at(I'm mid at music, shit at sports) so I feel like that option would just crush me incredibly.

I just really don't know what to do because this is like half the reason I feel unmotivated to study for my exams rn, but I'm also doing an accelerated course and kinda need to work this out relatively soon. Any advice would be appreciated a lot!

carrotsss

HSC
You don’t have to have some terrible failure to do well in the future, it’s just that you only ever hear about the people who make a comeback and not the people who just do well exactly as they were expected to, it’s just not really an interesting story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)