I need help in major project porfoli (1 Viewer)

haron

HSC
Hi! I'm new here. I need help for the porfoli part, in the section Visual Design Development the page limit for A3 is 3 pages. I'm not really sure is 1 page for each design or 2 pages for the 3 designs and the last page for the finial design that i chose in the 2 pages of design. Which one is correct? and if the second option is right what do I had to write in the finial design page. Thank

boite nature

HSC
hi, as far as I know you can set your portfolio out however you want as long as it is within the page limits and it is clear and easy to understand. In the visual design development section as well as your sketches you need to have evaluated the strengths and weaknesses of your design regarding aesthetic and functional aspects of design and all that stuff. Also, there is no limit to how many designs you put in, it can be more than three, as long as they show development of inspiration and all that stuff. cut out your pictures and just try them in different combinations in your book and see which way works the best and is easiest to understand. The markers just want to be able to follow the design process easily. dont worry about strict ways it has to be set out, just stick to the page limits

haron

HSC
Okay, thank. So i don't need to leave out a page just for the finial design. But if I remeber correctly my teacher said that i had to leave out a page for the finial design, and copy all the information that I write on the other 2 pages for my finial design in the 3rd page to show that it the finial design. That the way all the other students in the past years do and my teacher make me had to do that and I don't had enough space, so I was thinking is that way is the correct way or not. Any way thank. If any one had any ideas on this problem can you give me an answer to it. Thank

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
wat i did last year was used smaller drawings for my ideas... i think they were about 15cm and wrote the brief paragraph next to it... i fitted all 3 onto one page and then did my final design larger then the others. and yes you do have to have ur final design somewhere and you should write why you did certain things the way you did... and did these come from your other ideas? i dont really understand what you are saying but. As long as u do what it says in the requirements you cant be marked down. there is no right or wrong way to set out a section it is the information that is important. at the csu website http://hsc.csu.edu.au/ in the textiles section they have examples of each section of the portfolio... it explains the whole thing in another way i suggest looking at it, but dont follow it do things urs own way.

libgem

i think it definitely looks best with your final esign on a page of it's own so you can show detail and be really creative in our presentation of it! I can't believe it's a year since i did this!!!!

i spent ages fiddling with layout and fitting everything in but for this section i had:
1) design ideas (3 of them from front, back and side- quite small- with a short explanation)
2) Final Design artwork- this is where you can go all out and show off your creativity! i also included a short description & justification
3) analysis of elements & principles of design + function

I am studying fashion now and putting together about a portfolio a week so if anyone needs any help with portfolio presentation or documentation let me know! i feel old now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)