• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I need help with visual basic questions (computers) (1 Viewer)

Mia-Leigh

HSC
I need help to answer these questions. Its study for my trial and in revision it said to answer it.

1. Outline the basic steps involved in Solving a Problem.
2. Outline what makes up an algorithm. Compare and contrast syntax, run time and logic errors.
3. Outline the applications of Visual Basic.
4. Describe the role of the interface, the form and the controls.
5. Discuss the purpose of the code.
6. Give some examples of properties that can be set.
7. Devise a program that provides the user with a question and three options from which to select. The program must record the choice and inform the user if their choice was correct. The program should be able to be closed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you could help answering any of those questions that would be so helpful.
Thank you.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Erm.....we need this for our School Certificate? Cause I'm totally stuffed if those are the sorta questions in it. I can't even answer one of them.

HSC
Aerath said:
Erm.....we need this for our School Certificate? Cause I'm totally stuffed if those are the sorta questions in it. I can't even answer one of them.
I assume it's for IT, not the Computer Awareness test that a 5 year old could pass.

Mia-Leigh

HSC
yehh its for IT, not for school certificate. Just posted it here cos i dont kow where else to post it.
If any of you know how to do any of the questions will be great.

yvettemaree47

HSC
Mia-Leigh said:
yehh its for IT, not for school certificate. Just posted it here cos i dont kow where else to post it.
If any of you know how to do any of the questions will be great.
:) Well that's good to hear because I would have been completely stuffed as well.

Lufa

HSC
Hmm lol do i need to learn visual basics for IPT or SDD for year 11 or 12 ? if yes please send me a link to a site where i can start learing lol thanks! and wat other language do i need? and i see on the site it says i need the program? is that ture? is it possible to do stuff without the program

Lufa

HSC
lol yeah hmm im wna try learn both but hmm i tryed visual basics but i just notice i need a program to use it?

boblemur

HSC
no offence sikhman but your code is ugly :p

if you want to program in vb make it look better, always name your object, and you would not want to end the program after every event :p

and if you are using stand alone vb6 then you should use a control array rarther than 4 seperate buttons.

also the questions specifies that you need to record the questions which were right and which were wrong, so u would also have to have an array holding questions, correct awners and the awnser the user selected, and this would need the be saved along the way.
Code:
Option Explicit

Private Sub options_Click(Index As Integer)

Const Correct_Awnser = 1 ' meaning that the 2nd button is the correct awnser(they count from 0)

If Index = Correct_Awnser Then
    MsgBox "Correct Awnser"
Else
    MsgBox "Incorrect"
    Unload Me ' unloads the form
End If

End Sub

Private Sub ExitBtn_Click()
     Unload Me
End Sub

boblemur

HSC
ohh and about needing stand along visual basic...

thats not true...open excel and hold alt and press f11

vb does all the scripting, macro's and formulas behind excel,word,access (all of office really)

and you do not learn any programming for ipt, however you do for sdd. it will be what ever your school choses.

c is a very very picky language, and will mostly likley put u off programming if its wat u try and learn first, i suggest u learn vb, python, java even maybe and then try and move onto the lower level stuff c offers

good luck, i chose ipt and software, and there my fav subs...

if u need anymore vb help email me n_d_89@hotmail.com

Lufa

HSC
so i just wright the code in like words and save it as a .exe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)