I need help wording sentences (1 Viewer)

nnikkihong

HSC
I have three questions for english and they all pretty much say that all stories are immortal / last forever but the way its interpreted can be different depending on the readers, is there another way to reword this in general?

dasfas

HSC
If this is for Module A, then you can say something like "While narrative may share timeless message, different contexts lead to alternative interpretations of the message."

nnikkihong

HSC
If this is for Module A, then you can say something like "While narrative may share timeless message, different contexts lead to alternative interpretations of the message."
ohhh thank you!!!

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
Differences in timeless texts conveying varying context highlight differences in content, but not necessarily in meaning.

Alistruggles

HSC
I am not able to propose an exemplar way of wording things, just throwing ideas out there. This seems like a fun/useful exercise so I'll do some drafting around this since I'm meh at wording in a way that's easy to understand and I want to work on that.

"all stories are immortal / last forever but the way its interpreted can be different depending on the readers"

Literature retains value throughout time in it's ability to address universal ideas such as ambition (Othello), fate (Hamlet) and difficulty in accessing one's interiority (Emily Dickinson/Katherine Mansfield). However, the interpretation of a text evolves over time along with shifting cultural values.

Although literature remains valuable throughout time, the reasons for which it is valued may shift and differ between individuals

The interpretation derived from a text varies greatly from person to person as it is highly dependent on an individual's social and cultural background/the cultural values that surround and influence the individual's perception.

Throughout history, the shifting of social imaginary and normative notions allow a great number of interpretations to be valid of a singular enduring text; it is up to individual perception.

nnikkihong

HSC
I am not able to propose an exemplar way of wording things, just throwing ideas out there. This seems like a fun/useful exercise so I'll do some drafting around this since I'm meh at wording in a way that's easy to understand and I want to work on that.

"all stories are immortal / last forever but the way its interpreted can be different depending on the readers"

Literature retains value throughout time in it's ability to address universal ideas such as ambition (Othello), fate (Hamlet) and difficulty in accessing one's interiority (Emily Dickinson/Katherine Mansfield). However, the interpretation of a text evolves over time along with shifting cultural values.

Although literature remains valuable throughout time, the reasons for which it is valued may shift and differ between individuals

The interpretation derived from a text varies greatly from person to person as it is highly dependent on an individual's social and cultural background/the cultural values that surround and influence the individual's perception.

Throughout history, the shifting of social imaginary and normative notions allow a great number of interpretations to be valid of a singular enduring text; it is up to individual perception.
THANK YOU SO MUCH !! OMGG LITERALLY

Alistruggles

HSC
THANK YOU SO MUCH !! OMGG LITERALLY
You're welcome! Just over a quick reread though I should note a few things:

You might want to note in addition to my second example that the reasons for which texts are valued may differ between individuals because they have have their own personal circumstances that influence their perception IN ADDITION to the cultural circumstances of the time/place.

Also my teacher makes it very clear that clarity using simpler expression is valued OVER using terms you don't understand fully, like "social imaginary"/"postmodernism" (which I don't fully understand, so treat my use of them with a lot of skepticism please, I'm just experimenting), so just make sure you do enough research into a term before using it to minimise the chances of losing marks on clarity and expression.

And for my last example it would probably clear to replace "it" with "perception" to make it clear what "it" is referring to idk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)