I Need Help writting an english essay about Jasper Jones (1 Viewer)

Leo Tia

HSC
Hi im struggling to do this piece of English writing about jasper jones as i do not completely understand it

Chapter One – Paragraph Writing
You are going to use the moment that Charlie discovers Laura to answer the following question:
How does Silvey use language to convey the emotions of the protagonist?
In your response, you should follow SETEL/STEEL structure. This means:
- Developing a meaning statement
- Using 3 quotes to support your argument
- Analysing the techniques within these quotes in a sophisticated manner, making clear and sustained links to the emotions (can be more than one) of the character.
- Providing a clear link to the question.

Pages 12-16 should give you a plethora of emotions you can focus on, along with lots of language techniques.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, I think you might be able to understand the question better if we rewrite the question using simpler terms and explain each part of it:

Chapter One - Paragraph Writing

Use the moment of when Charlie discovers Laura to answer this question:

How does Silvey use language to show the emotions of the protagonist?
--> This is basically referring to any words/sentences that indicate the emotions of the protagonist

Your response should follow SETEL/STEEL structure --> the STEEL paragraph structure is one where you start your paragraph with a statement, which is a sentence that introduces your idea/point of view. After you've introduced your idea, you will state and explain a technique. Once you've done so, you will give a specific example of where this technique is used in the text, which implies quoting the text. Once you've mentioned the example, you will need to thoroughly explain what the effect of the technique/quote is. Lastly, you must establish a link between your point and your question, i.e. how the technique and the example you listed and its effect which you explained relate to showing the emotions of the protagonist.

Refer to pages 12-16 as they give you a number of emotions you can focus on, in addition to a number of language techniques.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)