I need help (1 Viewer)

illmatic

NaS
HSC
my story is on the concept of 'truth'.

how do i make it beyond what i study in the eng advanced course? Frontline deals with a lotta similar things to my major and i dont want to be marked down for mirroring the adv course rather than "going beyond" it. how do i go beyond it? what the hell do i research exactly?

im confused!
helppppppppppppp

thanks in advance

Opium

:: Unbound ::
HSC
it's not really that important to link your story to what you studied in other english classes. Well it is in your reflection statement but don't let it be on your mind constantly when your writing.
Basically my story ties to my advanced studies because it's a 'journey' of a man, embarking on a inner, physical and imaginative journey (or roughly there abouts). You can link nearly anything to a journey it's not hard at all. Then just write about that in your reflection statment like you know what your saying :p

So your doing a story on truth, that's going to tie to frontline (which i'm doing too :D ). What you need to research is whatever your story is about. For example my story is set in a mental institute, i've needed to research into institutions, medicines and personal accounts to give my story and a certain factual backing. Just research into anything that your story is about to get all the small details you can work in to make your story more realistic. Or research into the style of writing your writing it in. Eg: if you're writing a thriller, read thrillers and note down what sort of things authors do when dealing with that genre.

hope it helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)