I need Help! (1 Viewer)

Dumb_Arse_chick

HSC
Is any 1 here doin english advanced nxt yr n their topic is imaginative journeys wud they plz b able 2 help me as i seriously need sum help!
Any help wud b greatly appreciated
Thanks mwa

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
Dont worry, youre not meant to understand it yet. It will come but it has to be a personal interpretation thing, thats what AOS is about.

Ill give you a hint tho. The imaginative journey is a conceptual metaphor. Its standing for something else. But what?

Give it some thought

Dumb_Arse_chick

HSC
Im more confused now!
Wat i hate bout english is that we r doin shakespeare n stuff lyk that n i need help with that if any1 can help me with that as well!
any help wud b appreciated

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Are you doing The Tempest?

I have notes which I can upload for you, and if you go to the English Advanced section of the resources page, you might find some good essays other students put up.

We did the imaginative journey too. It's not that confusing once you're a few weeks into it. :)

Dumb_Arse_chick

HSC
No we r doin sumthin lyk enders gameme which is an imaginative journey and now we hav a portfolio which is confusing me even more!
Wat i hate is that the teacher thinks u r an idiot if u dunt undastand it straight away!
Any help wud b so greatly appreciated

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
Dumb_Arse_chick said:
Im more confused now!
Wat i hate bout english is that we r doin shakespeare n stuff lyk that n i need help with that if any1 can help me with that as well!
any help wud b appreciated
Sorry to confuse you. What i mean is theres no such thing as an imaginative journey. we dont call our friends and say whoa let me tell you about the imaginative journey i just had...' Instead the imaginative journey is a concept that can be applied to texts to tell us something about them. And what i mean about this being a 'personal interpretation thing' is you might choose to argue that:
*the imaginative journey is a learning experience and people can only learn and grow through IMAGINATIVELY ENGAGING with things. (does that make sense?)

basically AOS is just a superficial way of linking texts that have a similar idea at their core so that you can evaluate the types of techniques that various composers use.

Like Dreamerish said its something that comes with time. You need to develop an idea/arguement around the imaginative journey that you can apply to your texts and argue cohesively

What texts are you doing. I can send you some notes for
AOS-On giants shoulders
MOD A- BNW/BR
MOD B- Kinglear

Pm me if any of those are relevent to what your doing.

Dumb_Arse_Chick said:
Wat i hate is that the teacher thinks u r an idiot if u dunt undastand it straight away!
Haha dont we all know that feeling too well.

Last edited:

Dumb_Arse_chick

HSC
At the moment we r doin Chaucer and then yeh we r doin King lear!
Im a little bit still confused but yeh i think it is with the whole enders game section n chaucer and then we hav 2 do King Lear

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)