I need ideas for my English Imaginative piece - year 12 (1 Viewer)

21cchen

HSC
Hi,
Could I have some suggestions on what I should write about in my year 12 imaginative piece task.
I need to use the following quote as a stimulus: "Not all those who wander are lost."
This task must be 1000 words.
Help or suggestions would be appreciated :)
Thanks

idkkdi

HSC
Hi,
Could I have some suggestions on what I should write about in my year 12 imaginative piece task.
I need to use the following quote as a stimulus: "Not all those who wander are lost."
This task must be 1000 words.
Help or suggestions would be appreciated :)
Thanks
indigenous people.

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
The experiences of indigenous people is a great idea. First thought that came to my mind was this years Best Picture - Nomadland. In this film, the protagonist "embarks on a journey through the American West, living as a van-dwelling modern-day nomad". Whilst it seems the characters are lost in a seemingly aimless nomadic lifestyle, under their experiences lies a journey of healing. This aimless journeying does seem antithetical to the quote "Not all those who wander are lost", but the underlying irony is that through their 'unfruitful' ventures they further their personal development. Perhaps this idea is worth extrapolating.

Academia aside, Nomadland is a superb film. Highly recommend watching it when you get the time.

Last edited:

21cchen

HSC
The experiences of indigenous people is a great idea. First thought that came to my mind was this years Best Picture - Nomadland. In this film, the protagonist "embarks on a journey through the American West, living as a van-dwelling modern-day nomad". Whilst it seems the characters are lost in a seemingly aimless nomadic lifestyle, under their experiences lies a journey of healing. This aimless journeying does seem antithetical to the quote "Not all those who wander are lost", but the underlying irony is that through their 'unfruitful' ventures they further their personal development. Perhaps this idea is worth extrapolating.

Academia aside, Nomadland is a superb film. Highly recommend watching it when you get the time.
Wow I didn't expect a reply this quick thanks a lot! i will watch it right now

Patrick12

HSC

Thanks so much, Nilatar, Do you have any ideas for an imaginative piece that engage the ideas of the Pedestrian and Past the Shallows

hatterene

HSC
This story can literally be anything that lingers around some sort of discovery that doesn't follow a strict, linear, A to B path.

Some discovery type storylines I have read recently include:
- a mother's first experience of handling their child.
- migrant experiences.
- discovering/uncovering an aspect of yourself that you've shunned for a while.
- deviating from the typical capitalist 9-5 lifestyle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)