I need some help about seperating music file e.g. taking the vocals out of the song (1 Viewer)

Ehrenkills

HSC
Is it possible?
I mean, I have a few apps. that do a poor job, but what about when people remix songs? They just grab a section like the guitar or whatever and use it... I need it for accompaniment. Otherwise, if anyone would like to record them singing to a metronome, and send it to me, then that would be great too =]
But I won't even bother crossing my fingers for that one.

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
It depends on how the piece has been recorded. If the vocals have been done on a seperate track, it's easy to take them out, and there's a lot of different programs you can use.

And, what sort of stuff do you want that's recorded to a metronone? I mean, I've just done a music tech assignment and I can add a metronome to it... :p

Ehrenkills

HSC
Re: I need some help about seperating music file e.g. taking the vocals out of the so

Hey, thanks for the quick reply =]
Umm, no it's just a plain .mp3, not a recorded song for like an 8-track or anything, but if it was, that would make it a world easier....
I downloaded a program last night, and it doesn't look to promising. Gahh, I want full markssssss!

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Re: I need some help about seperating music file e.g. taking the vocals out of the so

What song/instrument parts are you trying to get?
There's some pretty good programs out there that can convert midi files into decent-sounding tracks. And midi files are easy to separate.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC

Ehrenkills said:
Hey, thanks for the quick reply =]
Umm, no it's just a plain .mp3, not a recorded song for like an 8-track or anything, but if it was, that would make it a world easier....
I downloaded a program last night, and it doesn't look to promising. Gahh, I want full markssssss!
Yeah, vocals, not going to happen.

What song is it? Title and artist. I could try and find a midi for you.

Also, why not find someone who can learn how to play it? Sheet music or by ear etc.

Live is better than backing :)

Ehrenkills

HSC

I'm doing (both acoustic) Hoobastank "Running away" and Incubus "Pardon Me".
My teacher said that I would get a 15-16 out of 20 without accompaniment, so I guess thats my mark =[.
And please, it's not like I haven't already thought of singing (I can't) or getting a singer (You bloody singers are just "oh-so-busy")
Any suggestions?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC

You don't need to have a singer. Perhaps you can find someone from music 2 to play the vocal line. Or anyone who can play by ear. Even something like recorder would do?

Ehrenkills

HSC

Thank you very much for your help =]
I ended up finding a singing that morning and just practicing the hell out of her and just managed it.
Thank you =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)