• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I.P. Journals (1 Viewer)

fijitalia

HSC
i get the whole journal thing, and i've written heaps in there, but i'm worried that its good, but not the specific stuff they want. i have headings like the meetings with the teacher and what not, hour counts, quotes, week plans, fundamental question sheets, blocking, visualising, doubts, the writing of it. Yeh so i'm not behind, but just wondering, aside from the evaluation or what not that we do for the actual HSC, for the assessments and everything, does anyone know what else to put in there? what else they want to read or need to
thanks a bunch

alysha-tb

HSC
what you've got sounds good. the evaluation will need to be fairly descriptive and concise, so i'd suggest even writing a draft for the assessment you're going into. alot of people tend to leave journals to the last minute, and you sound like you've been doing yours for a while, so you're already ahead, and the teachers will be able to tell too.
if you've been keeping them at least once a week, then.. i dont know, keep doing what you're doing?

fijitalia

HSC
biggest gap between entries is two or three days. see yeh its more a journal of emotion and my obsession with the monologue and journal. but does anyone have any ideas of just headings or entries that are general that could be applied well to the assessment and our own tasks. they're really hitting down on journals this time is all.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
what you've been doing sounds really good. what exactly is this assessment? i guess as long as you're working on it regularly and making detailed entries about all the decisions you make (how, why, impact it will have, what idea does it show, etc) and detailed reflection on rehearsals, workshopping characters, all that...just include everything you've done in detail and you should be fine. for mine everytime i work on it (every 3 or 4 days) i put a heading relating to what i did (character development, costume ideas, movement and timing, etc) and then explained it thouroughly, adding pics and sketches if necessary. if you're worried that examiners and suchlike will miss important entries you could bookmark the ones you most want read with bright post its or whatever. the journal is basically proof of the process you undertook in creating your project, proof that its your work. its not marked. far as i know the markers arent ticking off any special criteria for the journal, they just need to be able to see how you got from nothing to the finished product.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Don't be afraid to use "filler" material. It'll be way too much effort to make every entry a reflection, or anything like this requiring thinking on your part. Photocopy large extracts from plays that "you've drawn inspiration from" or pictures that interest you, or programs from plays you go and see, and annotated scripts etc etc.... whatever you do, make sure you scribble around the sides of what you stick in, to make it look like you've properly "engaged" with the content.

fijitalia

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
what you've been doing sounds really good. what exactly is this assessment? i guess as long as you're working on it regularly and making detailed entries about all the decisions you make (how, why, impact it will have, what idea does it show, etc) and detailed reflection on rehearsals, workshopping characters, all that...just include everything you've done in detail and you should be fine. for mine everytime i work on it (every 3 or 4 days) i put a heading relating to what i did (character development, costume ideas, movement and timing, etc) and then explained it thouroughly, adding pics and sketches if necessary. if you're worried that examiners and suchlike will miss important entries you could bookmark the ones you most want read with bright post its or whatever. the journal is basically proof of the process you undertook in creating your project, proof that its your work. its not marked. far as i know the markers arent ticking off any special criteria for the journal, they just need to be able to see how you got from nothing to the finished product.
hey thanks, yeh its for a monologue performance. i guess i was just confusing myself because i wrote it last year, so i already had the process log for the first time i did it, but i didnt include it this year when i decided to do it again.
thanks so much though, that's good stuff that i can add in there
haha and yes, filler material is always golden

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)