i.p. (1 Viewer)

The Rev. Ian

hey guys im in yr11 and just starting drama for hsc. whats a good chouce 4 me 2 do 4 my i.p.?

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
Rev! Wattup... There is no possible way that anybody could suggest whats a good choice for YOU to do for IP... at the end of the day it comes down to
a) what you enjoy (MOST important)
b) what you're good at
c) whether you are committed to a large project or small project.
Now i know part c) may make absolutely NO sense whatsoever, so i'll try and explain... If you look at the many choices for your HSC drama individual project, you will see some and say "BLUDGE", and others you'll see and say "HECK, I'M NO TROJAN WORK HORSE"... Each individual project is extremely challenging and in no way a "bludge", don't get me wrong... Post up four options (for what you enjoy, would like to do, etc) in your reply and then maybe I and others could lend more of a hand in helping you decide...
- M A D D O G Z -

The Rev. Ian

what i reeeally wanna do is a video... does anyone know how hard they are?!

Last edited:

superboobies!

video is something that doesn't often get done, and therefore, there is less competition from people around the state. it can be tricky, but if you're really passionate about it, it's worth doing. i personally think performance ip's get done too much (case point my school), so video would at least be different.

but hell, i'm not the best person to give out advice. i did theatre criticism for crying out loud, easiest thing ever :)

which, btw, i highly recommend if you're a good writer.

fringey

HSC
I dont think u should do it. I was going to but decided it would be too hard. U have to rely on soo many ppl other than yourself, the equipment can fuck up, and if your story isn't good or if ur not good it will end up looking heaps bodgy!!!!!!!

They r so time consuming.... But if u really want to go for it. But i think there is moderate competition so don't choose it for that reason okay!!

Best of luck!!

Larkin

advice for film:

-plan way in advance, get your script etc.
- get your themes into your logbook early - date pages.
-storyboard - make sure you have it 5-7 mins, maximum 8 mins.
-film very very early, as soon as possible, so you'll have plenty of time to refilm any scenes/edit-which they the markers look for.
-cast natural actors/awesome actors, friends dont work, you need to be uninhibited when directing/ shouting ;).
-fill up log book- vital.
-Film somewhere with good light - if you film a sundown scene, it will take several days to get it perfect acting (with the light).
-film shots (successful ones) early.
-try and organise some sort of radio mics, if you are planning on several longshots ( or record on computer, and put it over later but thats hard)
-get scripts to actors quickly.

all those, and you'll make a good film, good luck ! hope you go well and get into onstage .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)