I personally detest this Law forum (1 Viewer)

J

joshualee

simply because it seems that there are many high school students who have absolutely no sobriety.

Looking at criminology job prospect thread.... seriously these people should ask people who are working on that particular field not in bored of studies. kids, this is the forum where u ask about the quality of the program not the job prospect. Too much people fall into sloth.

Streeter

HSC
This is semi-relevant to my interests.

Is anyone aware of a forum where legal topics are discussed, rather than law programs.

I'm tired of seeing 'this uni is better than that uni' and 'where should i transfer'

I'd like to talk about law, is there a place where that is the focus?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC

Is anyone aware of a forum where legal topics are discussed, rather than law programs.

I'm tired of seeing 'this uni is better than that uni' and 'where should i transfer'

I myself am also sick of such threads, but it seems that, that is all that people want to discuss...i.e. focusing on where they go rather than their success at law school.

Feel free to make such threads, here, it would be nice to see a little focus on actual discussions of law, rather than law schools.

izzy88

HSC

I think the problem is that when threads do appear about law topics, they are a generally just someone's assignment that they want the answer to- and not many people here are willing to do that.

As long as the topics discussed clearly aren't someone's assignment question, it could be quite a good discussion, and more people might get involved. :)

Streeter

HSC
Doing an assignment at the moment. I may attempt to start some discussion when finished.

No promises.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
I myself am also sick of such threads, but it seems that, that is all that people want to discuss...i.e. focusing on where they go rather than their success at law school.

Feel free to make such threads, here, it would be nice to see a little focus on actual discussions of law, rather than law schools.
Agreed. A breath of fresh air is needed on this forum. If someone is up for starting on any topic, I'd be glad to have some discussion too. For now... must focus on studying for my upcoming finals XDD.

twa13

HSC
N/A
What happened here? Admittedly, it was useful during clerkship season but this forum is just awful.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
The good people are all gone except me. All the noobs who join in 09 or 10 are probably 2nd yr or 3rd yr kiddies.

pearshaker

HSC
N/A
I've had trouble finding a forum that is open to actual legal discussions. Nice to know i'm not the only person feeling let down in this regard.

FYI - i'm not a high schooler or law student, and I openly welcome interesting legal topic discussion! Bring it on, I say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)