I Really Need A Topic (1 Viewer)

Halfcastsfinest

HSC
because of popular culture of films, and access to different films and personal experience how has your idea of happily ever after changed ?

hypothesis: the idea of living happily ever after as potrayed in popular culture. eg. films is influenced by personal experience.

N

noir.

Halfcastsfinest said:
because of popular culture of films, and access to different films and personal experience how has your idea of happily ever after changed ?

hypothesis: the idea of living happily ever after as potrayed in popular culture. eg. films is influenced by personal experience.
Your idea is good, but you need to snip it down from 'popular culture of films' to a certain movie genre like teen movies, or romance. This will make it easier for you to research, otherwise your topic would be too broad.

also, what is your cross culture component?

N

noir.

Halfcastsfinest said:
but arent most teenage movies, related to romance ?? or something ??
no. there are teen movies that are hybrid, but the values of teen and romance movies are different. they're aimed at a different audience.

your cross culture componenet isnt very effective. maybe you could look at the message of living happily ever after across time. Interview people from the older generation, asking questions relating to their teen years, and then use the same methodology for teens of today.

Halfcastsfinest

HSC
so i dont need focus groups ?
and my focus question wud b

because of popular culture or teenage films and personal experience, the idea of happily ever after has changed ?

but i cant find anything about happily ever after chaning over time .
it just comes up with marriage n divorce ..

wud my pip just be mainly primary research ?

N

noir.

Halfcastsfinest said:
so i dont need focus groups ?
and my focus question wud b

because of popular culture or teenage films and personal experience, the idea of happily ever after has changed ?

but i cant find anything about happily ever after chaning over time .
it just comes up with marriage n divorce ..

wud my pip just be mainly primary research ?
Focus groups are essential.
Interviews are essential.
Surveys are essential.
Content analysis is essential.
Personal Reflection is essential.

there, you have 5 methodologies - the reccommended amount

your pip is a combination of secondary and primary research. sorry to say, but you have to do both!

+ you need to refine your topic some more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)