I&S 2002 HSC Question Question (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Although these texts are representations of times past, we still respond to the experience of the individual then. What is it about such texts that make this response possible?

I'm trying to answer this right now, but I'm having trouble setting out my essay.

My contention is that the contemporary responder responds (haha) to the stuggle of the individual against social conventions and institutions, and the universal themes explored in each text.

Could I set out the essay with a paragraph for each of the four texts I'm writing about, and have an intro and conclusion?

I usually write essays with each paragraph talking about a specific "reason" for my contention, eg a paragraph on the individual's struggle against convention and a paragraph for the universal themes but that doesn't seem to be working for this essay because I have a 400 word paragraph (the essay needs to be 750 max) on the struggle of the individual against convention....

So would it be alright if I just wrote a paragraph on each text? It's just that I've never written an essay like that before....

Jinglebell

HSC
i guess if you pull something different from each text and use it as the basis for that paragraph (if that makes sense)...like emphasising a certain theme/element of the text that answers the question...

i've done a couple of essays like that, i just decide what i wanna say from the text, and then talk about it generally and then use the text as an example...

i hope that answers your question...i'm making an attempt at my ext 2 today, i haven't even looked at it yet and it's screwing with my brain function:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)