I&S Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

bento

HSC
Does anyone have any creative writing pieces they've used for assessments? I need to know what is required to write a good piece.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Refer to the Boardofstudies standards packages. Creative writing for I&S is hard think of a non-cliched idea and blend it with plenty of description and subtly use 19thC paradigms and ideas of individualism to create your story. I wrote one using the scientific paradigm got me 24/25 and helped me get first in eng ext :), but i might use it for the HSC so i cant share it sorry.

bento

HSC
Cool thanks. I hate the creative writing part, its so much harder than the essay.
You're from the Hawkesbury, so am I!

bento

HSC
Windsor High (spare the criticism)
How about you?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
It's better than Hawkesbury high, anyways i used to go to Richmond High, i go to Penrith now, but i live at northo. What texts are u doin, im doing P&P, N&S and Doll's House

bento

HSC
No school is the Hawkesbury is great...

I'm doing A Doll's House, P&P and Browning.. but for my essay I'll be doing ADH, Browning, Jane Eyre and Tess of the D'Urbervilles.
Do you prepare essays for I&S before exams or just quotes and ideas, and do it all on the spot? I used to prepare all the time and got lucky with the questions but I have my trial for Extension on thursday and i don't think I'll have time to...man..i need to come first in that class! As you would know, Hawkesbury schools have really small classes, and i would like to come 1st out of the entire 3 of us lol.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I remember quotes, and some lines, alot of philosophy aswell. Im doin Dolls House and talking about Naturalism and stuff and North and South, im doing a painting and Madame Bovary. The only good school in hawks is Bede. Your lucky ur trials are pretty late.

Last edited:

bento

HSC
Bede's not very good either. Our school isn't too bad with random students, like we often get a student who gets the highest UAI in the hawkesbury, but our average UAI is low...and almost every student and teacher suffers from extreme cases of apathy...I'm lucky my teachers are good. Its good that the trials are late but I put that to lack of organisation with the staff especially for assessments, so they had to be later lol...

I hardly ever talk about philosophy...i usually do religion, economics and feminine/masculine roles.

What's your class like in marks for extension?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
In the half yearly i came eql first with 3 other people with 46/50, the avg would be around 36-38. Out exams are marked pretty harshly, our head teacher/marker is the President of the English teachers association of Australia.

bento

HSC
Lol yeah I remember this guy telling me (he went to penrith as well) that they do really well in english because of the good teachers. Even though I can't prove it, I think my teacher marks harshly too, because we looked at the standards packages for band E4's and they weren't as good as our essays yet most of the class were getting around 75-80%. All the standards essays and creative that we saw only talk about marriage and women the whole time, which isn't the entire 19th century.

I forgot to ask, do you do 4unit english?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I did do 4U but i dropped it and took up history ext instead. Only 9 people do eng ext 2 at my school. Hey are u azn, coz theres some yr 12 windsor high asian chick at the library all the time. Our eng HT is the president of the eng teachers assoc. of Australia, he's an extremely harsh and bias marker. Have you seen the 2006 standards package the students reponse qualities have changed significantly from past standard's packages.

Last edited:

bento

HSC
LOL you're talking about my friend. That's cool. So are you at the library often? I'm usually there wednesday from 1.30 till like 5 and sometimes on other days, but she's there most of the time i think. She's my competition in maths and physics.

Umm I've only seen the standards package thats on BOS website cos I don't think our school has the actual book for extension. I've only seen the creative where the student pretends to be Nora from A Doll's House and one or two essays..i think theyre from 2006. I can't remember anymore, but it's okay because I got a good mark for the trial so I'm happy.

I do ext history as well. You shouldn't have dropped 4 unit...it was the best! I only have 2 other people in my 4unit class and sadly I'm the ONLY one in extension history..it sucks. Small schools suck. There's also very little competition...

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
bento said:
LOL you're talking about my friend. That's cool. So are you at the library often? I'm usually there wednesday from 1.30 till like 5 and sometimes on other days, but she's there most of the time i think. She's my competition in maths and physics.

Umm I've only seen the standards package thats on BOS website cos I don't think our school has the actual book for extension. I've only seen the creative where the student pretends to be Nora from A Doll's House and one or two essays..i think theyre from 2006. I can't remember anymore, but it's okay because I got a good mark for the trial so I'm happy.

I do ext history as well. You shouldn't have dropped 4 unit...it was the best! I only have 2 other people in my 4unit class and sadly I'm the ONLY one in extension history..it sucks. Small schools suck. There's also very little competition...
Yeah once or twice a week.

I aced history ext trial, w00t!!! Came 9th/34 in eng ext trial :(

Yeah, i know i used to go to Richmond high untill the end of yr 10.

bento

HSC
Lol too bad the extension history trial was only worth 5%! Lol i didn't ace it because I spent more time studying on the others (considering it was worth almost nothing) but still ended up with an awesome assessment mark 46/50 woot!
What did you get for your major work? I can't remember exactly what I got cos my teacher still has my essay - she meant to photocopy it - lol but i think it was 38/40.
I was at the library today and there was a guy sitting near me from another school and I was thinking, maybe thats you...but maybe not lol.

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
all i can say is this ~ stay away from marriage as the central theme.
it's wayy too cliche and everyone uses it.
use like a scientific or religious paradigm or something... and that's all i can say coz technically we're competing against each other. ^^

good luck though.

bento

HSC
Haha thanks..I've gotten way off the topic in this thread..i forgot it was about I&S lol. Yeah I don't talk about marriage without relating it to another paradigm..i agree its way too general and everyone does it, namely because they all choose Pride and Prejudice. Religion is always interesting to talk about.

And don't worry about competing with me, I'll kick your arse! :) Kapow!

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Damn, overall i came pretty avg in the course, due to students getting tutors for their hand in assesments.

nah, haven't been to the library in a while, r u blonde by the way?

bento

HSC
Tutors? For the major work? That's crazy! I got no help at all for that huge essay...my teacher didn't even help me, mainly because I only showed her the first draft a few days before it was due...but that sucks that people would beat you because they got outside help, because you never know how much the tutor is actually doing. I have a tutor for physics but that's because physics can be really difficult to understand and I need someone to actually motivate me...it shouldn't be about using a tutor for assessments. That's just like how some people whose family has 'connections' with published writers can use them for a lot of assistance in the 4unit course...that annoys me.

I'm not blonde but I have light brown hair which looks blondish and kind of redish at times lol. What colour hair do you have? so I can take notice when I'm in the library in case you're there lol.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
bento said:
Tutors? For the major work? That's crazy! I got no help at all for that huge essay...my teacher didn't even help me, mainly because I only showed her the first draft a few days before it was due...but that sucks that people would beat you because they got outside help, because you never know how much the tutor is actually doing. I have a tutor for physics but that's because physics can be really difficult to understand and I need someone to actually motivate me...it shouldn't be about using a tutor for assessments. That's just like how some people whose family has 'connections' with published writers can use them for a lot of assistance in the 4unit course...that annoys me.

I'm not blonde but I have light brown hair which looks blondish and kind of redish at times lol. What colour hair do you have? so I can take notice when I'm in the library in case you're there lol.
I must of saw u a few weeks ago i remember you, with a guy who was talking about nuclear physics and magnetics, etc , im asian.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)