I&S Tess of the Durbervilles Ian Scott (1 Viewer)

Benja

HSC
Has anyone, like I chosen to use the film version of Tess by Ian Sharp as opposed to the more well-known Polanski version? I need someone to discuss ideas and techniques etc in preparation for a speech monday 19/6/06

Last edited:

tepanyaki

HSC
looks like u got lots of help....dont do the movie guys, stay true and do the book

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
yeah but some people might done for e.g. N&S which is already a book and so its better to choose a related text which is of a diff text type.

that would be an easy way to get around that (choosing the film version)

tepanyaki

HSC
ok, i dont think "some people might done" is very good expression, so hopefully you arent relying on a high mark. It's better to do two novels than to do a film version which doesnt satisfy the requirements of the course. Just depicting an individual in a society (yay) isn't enough, it needs to reflect ways of thinking of the NINETEENTH century...stay true

Benja

HSC
I'd have to disagree, doing two novels for both related would be a bad choice, and as I've had chosen already to use The Picture of Dorian Gray (Novel) I was adament to finding a film to compliment it.

Get off your high horse about staying true and avoid making assumptions about others mark potential.

I happen to get 18.5/20 for my speech regardless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)