I say no... when i really wanna say YES? (1 Viewer)

johony

HSC
Haha, heaps of people do it. I would hardly call it 'bad'. You're just trying to be polite! But sometimes accepting something is the polite thing to do. So I guess it's really all just about context.

But calm down. It really doesn't matter :haha:
YES IT DOES

i'm missing out on free money, tickets, rides, food on a regular basis

muhahahahahaha

HSC
I always say no to things...i dunnno, i think its normal, its just being polite :)

myst1fy

HSC
N/A
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

terminator69

HSC
Haha, heaps of people do it. I would hardly call it 'bad'. You're just trying to be polite! But sometimes accepting something is the polite thing to do. So I guess it's really all just about context.

But calm down. It really doesn't matter :haha:
I would hardly call it polite. OP just needs to be more assertive and I think the most appropriate way to do this would be to just persevere in slowly being more assertive in all aspects of life and it should get easier as you get older.

Yeah I do this. Mostly because I feel awful at the idea of taking someone else's things. It's not "right" (usually).
Try thinking about it from the other person's perspective and perhaps put yourself in their shoes. If you are offering someone something, you are obviously willing to give it up and you may think it will make the other person happy so when they reject it, it isn't a great feeling and certainly doesn't feel like they are being overly polite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)