i screwed up my first HSC asessment.. am i screwed T^T (1 Viewer)

studentcheese

HSC
ikDG said:
But don't these assessments determine your rank? And aren't ranks most important in the HSC? So wouldn't it suck for, say, a selective school student who stuffs up even small assessments since one mark is like a 10-20 rank distance?
That's true. On the report of some Year 12's from NSGHS, there are some small assessments weighted 15%, but screwing one of these up can stuff up your final rank (but not essentially your uai) like big poop. Girl A beat Girl B in every single assessment by a few marks, but in the 15% assessment, Girl B beat Girl A by 20 marks or so. Girl A then slid down to a rank of around 84/120, whereas Girl B got a rank of around 55/120.

Girl A and Girl B got UAI's 97.35 and 97.15 respectively. To the OP: Girl A thought she was screwed and that she would get below 90... but she achieved 95+ in the end. Don't worry.

impervious182

HSC
arghstupidjo said:
i feel so screwed.. i've come to such a bad start >,<.. my first hsc asessment was business studies and i got 70 % for that.. and i think im in the lower rankings.. do you think i'm screwed ><".. the weighting for this asessment was 15 %.. so i have to do good in that 85 % which i wont do good in >< im screwed.. right.. T^T'
It's upsetting to go badly in an assessment, but it's not the end the world, or an end to your HSC ambitions.

Your 10 best units count towards your UAI, so put this bad assessment in perspective. 15% of 2 units, and actually your assessment mark only counts for 50%.

So yes, it's upsetting; but just keep your chin up and keep positive. I mean, it's possible that you could even come first still. In any case 70% of 15% is 10.5% so even is people got 100%, they are only 4.5% ahead of you in real terms... that's a margin which can easily be recovered.

Good luck for the rest of the year. :D I'm sure you'll do really well. Don't get caught up on the mark, just concentrate on giving your best effort, by the sounds of it, I'm sure you do that already.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Seriously no point worrying about it. What's done is done. My advice - just work harder to regain and push your ranking up. You should be fine if you do good in your other assessments and perform well in the Externals.

McSpitfire

Wendell Sailor
The grandstands at OKI Jubilee.. (Actually, Cronul
HSC
I screwed up my first General Maths assessment last week, I did almost no study and I was feeling very sick during the test. I've already put it behind me because I know that I can do very well in this subject (seeing my Year 11 results for Gen Maths.)

HSC
arghstupidjo said:
i feel so screwed.. i've come to such a bad start >,<.. my first hsc asessment was business studies and i got 70 % for that.. and i think im in the lower rankings.. do you think i'm screwed ><".. the weighting for this asessment was 15 %.. so i have to do good in that 85 % which i wont do good in >< im screwed.. right.. T^T'
Well first of all, 70% is actually pretty high.

It's only the first assessment task and there will be more to come so just do your best in the next assessment :)

Mountain Megz

HSC
Don't worry about that. You should be proud you got 70% just think of the pain of getting lower! look forward, not back. Study more effectively, ask you teacher about your weak areas. Think positive and you wil improve.

I got 65% :mad1: for my first math test and i was pretty upset with it to but look, it is the first assessment, I studied hard for it but probaly not effectively. Sometimes, people have brains but in exams, you lose it from not reading questions properly etc.

Go get them:party:

dp624

HSC
I screwed my physics exam in term 4 (under average) and ended up 2nd overall (granted i topped each and every assessment afterwards but).

shantu1992

HSC
回复: i screwed up my first HSC asessment.. am i screwed T^T

i screwed my economics 19/20
so pissed off
didnt include some indicators for my case study
im so screwed

boris

Banned
HSC
Re: 回复: i screwed up my first HSC asessment.. am i screwed T^T

lolling at you stupid fucks. Get over 60 and no one cares. You'll get into A uni.

Joga Bonito

HSC
i know i stuffed up my first assessments, but im not too fazed, cause its only worth 15% anyway (well at my school at least), and i think some people in my grade went too hard out this term, and will eventually burn out by half yearlies

-maddie-

HSC
I went bad in one of my assessments. I don't think it really matters because we have plenty of time to catch up with marks.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
^ ext1 eng really?

17/30 for my viva voce in advanced eng, worth roughly 20%, and i still managed to come 3/52 in the end. get over it, don't fuck up again.

PZ:monkey:

HSC
Don't worry, I got 13/20 for my first bus assessment, although I did come 5th. I ended up having a 97% average at the end and a first rank. Don't stuff anything else up though.

latinorulz

HSC
If you can't get over this, the HSC is going to eat you alive.

But seriously though. How is it that people can't even think for themselves anymore? Boo hoo, you didn't do well in one assessment. I wonder... if you never knew of boredofstudies.org , would you have decided to still try hard for the rest of your assessments anyway? And I know that's what you're going to do. Because you know that if you don't, you lose. Game over.

And no one likes losing.

bored of sc

HSC
To use a quote from a High Achiever of the 2005 HSC:

"If you do get a really bad mark, realise that it only goes toward you school ranking, and can be easily countered by doing well in the next assessment." - Kate Osana Simonian

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I didn't do brilliantly in my first English assessment, and I still reckon I could do well.

Misz

HSC
dw ayee i screwwedd up my 1st modern task even tho i ahevnt got it bak i think i got literally abt 14 outta 20 or lessss
so dww
ahh

i shuld be sayin the to myself actually im full stressin :(
i hate the hsc
i hope it burns and dies

:)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
I got 20/30 in my Physics test (pendulum experiment) 'cause my results were 'too' accurate..

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
youngminii said:
I got 20/30 in my Physics test (pendulum experiment) 'cause my results were 'too' accurate..
WTF Andrew. Innacurate or accurate? Ah 20/30 don't worry about it, I got 29/40, close to your mark. It's only the beginning. Work hard during the holidays. I plan to go hard out whilst not burning myself out during these holidays.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
bored of sc said:
To use a quote from a High Achiever of the 2005 HSC:

"If you do get a really bad mark, realise that it only goes toward you school ranking, and can be easily countered by doing well in the next assessment." - Kate Osana Simonian
Thanks for the quote bored of sc :) I'm keeping it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)