I should drop legal studies right? (1 Viewer)

BOS101

HSC
I am in year 12 and currently have 12 units. My subjects are eng adv, sor 2, math stan 2, business std, business ser, and legal.

Idk if I should drop legal because that would leave me with 10 units and no safety net. If I drop legal, that means math will definitely count, and maths is my worst subject.

You might be thinking - why don't you just drop maths then?

It's because I got a 0 on my recent legal task (because I submitted late), meaning my average is 40% in legal, opposed to my 72% in maths.

However I do perform way better in legal. I pretty much get A's on every task. It's just that one legal task that brought down my average significantly.

So I don't know if I should just drop legal now, and try to get better at maths. Or stick it out with both subjects (legal and maths) and see which subject ends up being better.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
as a legal student who was in ur exact sm boat except i was choosing between mod hist and legal...
if u think u can juggle both legal and math and try to:
a) ACC submit the legal tasks lmaooo
and
b) improve math
then by all means go ahead. keep in mind tho, u should be doing them both IF you wanna excel at both, not just to figure out which one to drop at the end.
here's the scaling for math stan 2 and legal if u wanna consider more:
Screen Shot 2023-05-07 at 11.47.01 am.pngScreen Shot 2023-05-07 at 11.46.37 am.png

BOS101

HSC
Thanks for your response!
If I were to keep both subjects, it's only because I can't predict which mark will be higher and actually contribute to my atar. Despite my low average in legal, I somehow feel like it might even be enough to beat maths ffs 😂

Umm yeah im not gonna lie i cant read those charts 😂 so idk what scales better , is it math standard or legal?

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Thanks for your response!
If I were to keep both subjects, it's only because I can't predict which mark will be higher and actually contribute to my atar. Despite my low average in legal, I somehow feel like it might even be enough to beat maths ffs 😂

Umm yeah im not gonna lie i cant read those charts 😂 so idk what scales better , is it math standard or legal?
do a rough calc on what your total mark might be given your current skill for each assignment considering WEIGHTING of your upcoming assessment tasks.

For example, (what you'd do is project certain marks as in the LHS [0,90,..,92] and then multiply that by the weighting and deduce your total)

e.g

[IGNORE THE TOTAL, NOT USING A FORMULA OR ANYTHING, JUST A TEMPLATE]
Legal:
0 90 85 90 92 ~ 80%

Math Std:
70 80 84 70 80 ~ 73%

Then I'd choose one subject over another.

I only did this for 2 subjects I didn't like i.e IPT, Business Studies and I deduced that it'd be better over time for me to hold onto IPT for a bit then drop it eventually LMAO.

BOS101

HSC
do a rough calc on what your total mark might be given your current skill for each assignment considering WEIGHTING of your upcoming assessment tasks.

For example, (what you'd do is project certain marks as in the LHS [0,90,..,92] and then multiply that by the weighting and deduce your total)

e.g

[IGNORE THE TOTAL, NOT USING A FORMULA OR ANYTHING, JUST A TEMPLATE]
Legal:
0 90 85 90 92 ~ 80%

Math Std:
70 80 84 70 80 ~ 73%

Then I'd choose one subject over another.

I only did this for 2 subjects I didn't like i.e IPT, Business Studies and I deduced that it'd be better over time for me to hold onto IPT for a bit then drop it eventually LMAO.
Wait can you explain how to get the average with weighting of tasks?
Cos whenever I get my average I do the percentages divided by the number of tasks but dont factor in weighting

nsw..wollongong

HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)