I still don't know how to write an English essay! (1 Viewer)

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Our English faculty is fail. They have yet to teach us how to write a bloody essay, and I'm in year eleven.
Sometimes I fluke good essays, but I seriously do not know how to write one. I just write. Lately, I have been having breakdowns during essay exams and I just flop. I don't know what's happening to me gaaaaah.
Please enlighten me. How does one write an english essay? Particularly in exam mode. Ty.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
just write stuff lol.
i dunno if i was ever taught. If so, then all i was taught was Intro, body and conclusion, and to have topic sentences but even i sometimes dont have them.

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
just write stuff lol.
i dunno if i was ever taught. If so, then all i was taught was Intro, body and conclusion, and to have topic sentences but even i sometimes dont have them.
same, jsut write intro, body and conclusion. In Humanity subjects i usually get 17-18+, so i think it works.

Willohfish

HSC
N/A
I would give you my essay structure, but I just tried typing it out and it's hopelessly confusing. If I were you, I would simply google "Essay templates" or "Essay Structure". Often, diagrams show up telling you what to write where - they're easy to understand and they only take a short time to memorise. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)