I studied for the last 2 days for THAT? (1 Viewer)

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
I did it the same way as Kaseita for the cannon ball question by using the formula:

v^2= u^2 + 2as

I think the problem with using:

1) a = (v - u)/t
2) t = s/v

is actually in the second equation. The "v" in the second equation is not equivalent to the "v" in the first equation. The "v" in the first equation represents the final speed at which the capsule exits the cannon, while the "v" in the second equation is really the mean (average speed) at which the capsule travels through the cannon, from 0 to the given speed.

As for the multiple choice, my answers were precisely the same as AlexZ. Question 14 was a guess though. Anyone know for sure what answer it is? I put B.

The exam was really easy, but a little too easy for its own good. I think the average of the state is going to be really high so I hope that doesn't mean we get scaled down.

kaseita

excellent, I was wondering why everyone else was getting something fishy.
B is definitely the answer for 14
at that time, Germanium was the only one that could be purified enough to be suitable as a good semiconductor
A is just stupid
C is plain wrong
D is plain wrong, as germanium is the one that doesn't retain its semiconductor properties at high temperatures (relatively)

arrrrrrrr
i got 5......something then i thought i forgot to divide by two when checking so i divided it againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhh

kaseita

I got 261302ms2

as v=1.06 x 10^4 (if i remember right)
s=215m

if you got something like that, then It should be right

(unless someone can prove me wrong here )

nakata

cool, i got somewhere round that kaseita using v^2=u^2 +2as.

But i too think it was kinda easy, although i know i got a few wrong. Compared to my trials, it was fairly easy, and for a person who is not that good a phys, im relieved that it was.
Most of the questions were fairly straight forward, some were very repetitive, i mean ive seen them in other trial papers. Even in Quanta to QUarks, the one about balmer, was exactly the same as a question i saw in a trial exam. It was mainly bullshit here and there, and you get the marks.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by kaseita
I got 261302ms2

s=215m

I got this (but I used Fs = 1/2mv^2) ...

Dario

HSC
Originally posted by kaseita
I got 261302ms2

s=215m

Yes, I got that too !

nakata

seriously though, that question is really stupid. i mean 200k+ acceleration? i think they really wanted us to write down that the g-forces were way too high. I got that value initially, and the first thought that came to me was that it was incorrect, but i knew then that it had to be something about g forces, so i jus wrote about g forces in the next questions. Havent really heard of that person to tell you the truth, and that person must have been pretty....

josie_is_slut

CAN WE COMBINE EVERY FORMULA ON THE FORMULA SHEET INTO ONE SUPER FORMULA, THEN U CAN ANSWER ANY QUESTION POSSIBLE

hk*star

it looks like if you didnt kill the exam
you wont get scaled up
it was a joke seriously

tompryor

for the acceleration one i had no idea
i used equations from 3 unit (or 2 unit)

a = vdv/dx and i had no idea what i was doin - i got something like 5000, or something with 5's and 0s

i had no idea how to use the equations they gave us!

o well, there's 2 marks down, on top of the 7 i lost in Q2Q:(

Rogan

Originally posted by josie_is_slut
CAN WE COMBINE EVERY FORMULA ON THE FORMULA SHEET INTO ONE SUPER FORMULA, THEN U CAN ANSWER ANY QUESTION POSSIBLE

AH do you really do physics mate because thats really stupid the formulas on the formula sheet are for all different areas in physics plus their would be so many unknown variables

but hey if their was some super formula that would be pretty mad

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by buttercup
so will physics get scaled up or down?
that's basically impossible to know yet

and anyway, Band 6 performances are determined if u achieve the required criteria/guidelines...theoretically, the whole physics canditure can get Band 6...it is NOT determined on how easy the test was, or how many ppl got over 90 raw

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)