I take back everything I ever said about boyfriends and their best friends. (1 Viewer)

uwsstudent

HSC
he should only fall for u

i think ur own bf should just go for u, not somebody else, it's ridiculous when u have a gf then u talk so much to female friends, he is not in ur shoes, so he can tell u that he falls in love with her, if u have a best male friend, ur bf will be jealous and unhappy too, but u will become stronger through it

Angelus

HSC
_Amie_ said:
My point...there is probably always going to be some element of attraction between a guy and his (female) best friend. In previous posts, I said it could be a purely platonic relationship, but I was wrong. I can admit it. Unfortunately, i learnt it the hard way. I will always be jealous and irrational. If you have a feeling, you're probably right.

Specifics= My bf tells me 'I have feelings for her, I don't know what to do about it, I love you, but I'm falling in love with her. Can you help me deal with this?'

CAn I stab you in the eye with a pen??
Guy's can have a perfectly platonic relationship with female friends.

But in this case.

Him saying that he loves you is laughable at best, when you love someone you don't fall for another, its a maturity issue.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
Angelus said:
Guy's can have a perfectly platonic relationship with female friends.

But in this case.

Him saying that he loves you is laughable at best, when you love someone you don't fall for another, its a maturity issue.
i think you CAN be in love with two people at the same time. but then again i dont think you would want to be in that kinda situation.

in hindsight you should have gotten to know him well enough to see that there was some kind of element of attraction between the two. but thats not very useful- but yeah it does depend on the guy.

_Amie_

HSC
azzie said:
i think you CAN be in love with two people at the same time. but then again i dont think you would want to be in that kinda situation.

in hindsight you should have gotten to know him well enough to see that there was some kind of element of attraction between the two. but thats not very useful- but yeah it does depend on the guy.
Yeah its not exactly fun to be in this situation. Man, I don't know how to feel. Maybe I should just let him go...I love him more than anything, but I can't really cope with the fact that he feels that way about someone else. I just want to give up at the moment. I guess I have 2 options...tell him to make a decision, me (who he's been with for 8 months, shared everything with and loved), or her, who he's been friends with for years, or just give up on him. But how in hell am I supposed to get over him?

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i dont think you can be "in love" with two people at the same time. i think you can be infatuated with two ppl at the same time, and like them A LOT, but i wouldnt call that being "in love".

i dont know, this situation is very complex. _Amie_ personally i don't think you should bother. even if he turns around and goes "i dont know what i was thinking", youre never going to trust him the same way again, particularly with female friends, and that kind of mistrust really fucks up a relationship and makes things sour.

probably he does love you and its just a weird crush on his friend, but i really think you should back out now... if a guy can do this to you once chances are it'll happen again, whether or not you find out about it

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
yehhh..fuckin weird this shit, girls as friends...then the line becomes blurred, crazy shit...

i'd agree, if he loved u i reckon he'd b able 2 resist, he'd b able 2 tell u y he likes her, n that despite all those things, ur the one he loves...if he cant give up her, then well...i dunno, might b best 4 u 2 leave him...who knows, ur the only one whoc an really make the decision, no1 else knows the relationship u 2 have(/had?) so...yehh

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
azzie said:
I disagree. I think you can feel attraction for more then 1 person, but not love. You can't control who you are attracted to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)