I was overpaid, what should I do? (1 Viewer)

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Ok so here's the situation: I am employed through a recruitment agency, so the agency pays me. Last week I worked 15 hours which is $245.28. However they made a mistake and somehow thought I worked an extra 15 hours overtime (which is at time and a half and double time). So instead I was paid $613.27 ($490 after tax). Should I be honest and tell them or wait and see if they say anything? I know I should (I probably will otherwise I'll be too guilt-ridden) but the extra money is so good! What should I do?

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
TELL THEM !
i cant believe u even think it is an option not to.

they will see u have credibility/integrity and they wont take it out, they just dont pay u so much next pay.

anyways, U BETTER TELL THEM!

Generator

HSC
N/A
Keep it, but try not to spend the additonal amount for now ... Keeping your options open is always a good idea.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
if it were me.. id keep it :) but then again i hate my work and id do anything to rip em off :) but seriously, if u think ur gonna be guilt-ridden forever about it, then tell them. They'll be thankful that you did it

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
er... i think it would depend on how much you really need the extra money? if it was me i'd tell them, but if i needed the cash i might not, so...just do what feels right i guess. either way i think they are going to find out when they do the budget or finances or whatever, so ur not doing urself any favours by saying nothing. but like i said watever feels right to you, do it.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
i cant believe u all!!!!! its not even ur money u didnt earn it giv it back. they will work it out sooner or later 4 themselevs anyway then ur stuck

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Hahah well I did the right thing...I just phoned them up and told them and they said they'll take it out of this week's pay... :( no extra money for me

em_516

bludging..
HSC
ok..so that sucks..but just think if they'd found out and you hadn't told them..

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
they would have found out and taken it off your next py anyway.

i usually wait a couple of weeks, by that time they have normally figured it out, if they hadn't i would tell them.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
when i was being paid 7 bux and hour they were paying me 10 bux an hour for 2 weeks
until i noticed
told cash office
and they stopped

bamiyan

Shut up and act like nothing happened. Your work is not with you, but against you...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Tell them, my parents employ alot of people and there's nothing worse than when people try to take money for work they didn't do. Even if it was an administrative problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)