I was RIDICULOUSLY lost during a fins lecture lol (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
you can all come to ML's and my finance lecture. there'll be seats eventually so you can all look at matty g.

pm me for deets

primalchaos3

HSC
Uni Grad
plz, FINS1613 is such an easy subject.

It's like your second lecture, which from memory is valuation of cash flows (just getting to know how to use the annuity formulas and what not. It's really not that hard.)
WTF... if you can remember your second lecture from last year then obviously you have a wicked brain or at least a wicked memory. therefore your 'easy' is not the same as mine :(.
lol whats an annuity formula? and i remember the accrual perspective thingo. i didn't even get a grasp on what that was and next thing i know it was the base of all this other crap he was talking about.
gonna read through that part of the textbook and lecture slides tmrw though so i really hope it clears things up

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
off the top of my head I think the PV annuity formula is

PV=[(1+i)-n-1]/n

but it's in that table they give you

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
thats a pretty sick idea. maybe the shadowdude guy or kaz1 guy can organise it cos ever since i joined ive always seen there names. hope they actually go to unsw lol.
I'm not sure but I think there's a unsw meat like every week, ask the bosers the unsw bosers that hang out with each other (not me)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
ask Maturelamb, ive been to the past two on Friday arvos

oh god... the internet is merging with real life

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
WTF... if you can remember your second lecture from last year then obviously you have a wicked brain or at least a wicked memory. therefore your 'easy' is not the same as mine :(.
lol whats an annuity formula?
You don't go to university and be expected to be able to recall everything (such as an annuity formula- note; that is a fairly easy one though). University is about learning the basics and knowing that such a thing (annuity formula) exists so that if in 5 years time you need to use it, you can go to a book and look it up.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
lol i'm not helping you guys with fins1613

i hated the subject

why would i subject myself to that again...

primalchaos3

HSC
Uni Grad
lol i'm not helping you guys with fins1613
haha wasn't asking for help. i probably wouldn't help someone with a subject i hated heaps too lol

you're prof pic thingy is so mysterious. i cant really put any face/race to you.... its kinda like leunig's cartoon man.
i can imagine you being black though.

primalchaos3

HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone know what the american lecturer, robert tumarkin's email is btw?! i need to email him something. sorry for the double post.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
haha wasn't asking for help. i probably wouldn't help someone with a subject i hated heaps too lol

you're prof pic thingy is so mysterious. i cant really put any face/race to you.... its kinda like leunig's cartoon man.
i can imagine you being black though.
black..?

BLACK?

are you srs bro

---

And to stay on topic, yes FINS1613 is a horrible subject for me because it was... horrible. And I was lost as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)