i will most likely fail hsc (1 Viewer)

over9k

HSC
because i have this feeling inside telling me that i'm going to fail no matter how hard i try.
:( :(

maybe it's because of my shitty subjects eg general maths :bomb:

/wrists :wave:

HSC
you won't fail. you have to be either really bad or have extremely expeptional circumstances to fail. or not care at all.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
I had the same attitude.

You won't fail. It's hard to FAIL.
Your UAI on the other hand.

over9k

HSC
noir. said:
Dude.
Dont go and bag out your supposedly shitty subjects. You're responsible for your own learning, and if you can't achieve marks that will satisfy you now, then its time you started working to ensure that you achieve better in year 12

And that feeling inside you... shoot it
Dude.
i got band 3 for my prev test and band 4 for the second maths test this yr..
the reason for those is probably:

a) shitty work environment ie. everyone is constantly talking in the class
b) i don't do homework/study that much on maths
c) ...

I'M SO STUPID :eek: ahh!!! i'm thinking about dropping general maths

but my uai aim is like 80 which is quite hard top 20% of nsw AND even if i did get 80 i'd probably have to do a bridging course, there goes 10k+ down the drain

mr_brightside said:
I had the same attitude.

You won't fail. It's hard to FAIL.
Your UAI on the other hand.
getting <80 UAI is my definition of failing
but i expect something much much lower with my low scaled subjects

Last edited by a moderator:

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
over9k said:
getting <80 UAI is my definition of failing
but i except something much much lower with my low scaled subjects
yeah. 80 was my target. then I had the worst year of schooling ever.
I failed too if you put it that way.

over9k

HSC
watatank said:
drop general maths if its worrying you that much. whats your other subjects?
only one of my subjects has 26.? scaling
another has 24.9
rest are 22(?)-24

:)

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
HSC isnt the end of ur life, just give it your best shot

HSC
i have no idea wat 26.xx scaling means. besides, try not to put too much emphasis on scaling, if you go well scaling doesn't matter at all.

but anyways all you can really do is your best, that's all anyone can really ask of you. you're only in year 11, a lot can happen between now and the end of year 12! :)

cccclaire

HSC
really, it doesn't matter even if you do.
if you get a UAI below 80, whose going to know? just you and your parents, if anyone asks you can just lie to them and say you got a high UAI.
And if you don't get into what you want at Uni, theres so many options for you to try and get into it that don't involve a UAI.
+ Scaling hardly effects you if you score near the top, and doing poorly in your school is no indication against the rest of the state.

Le3sah

HSC
over9k said:
only one of my subjects has 26.? scaling
another has 24.9
rest are 22(?)-24

:)
What do those numbers mean? :confused:

Ellie999

HSC
yeah i feel like failing it too...the career advisor had put my half yealry markes into the uai estimator v.7.0 and it said that i'll get uai of 65.55 based on 2003 whatever that is. im pretty sure that im fucked i cant get into any uni in sydney that offers psychology ish things im gonna end up in la trooooooooooobe uni in aubury which i hate because my bf is in sydney.

cccclaire

HSC
Ellie999 said:
yeah i feel like failing it too...the career advisor had put my half yealry markes into the uai estimator v.7.0 and it said that i'll get uai of 65.55 based on 2003 whatever that is. im pretty sure that im fucked i cant get into any uni in sydney that offers psychology ish things im gonna end up in la trooooooooooobe uni in aubury which i hate because my bf is in sydney.
tell your careers adviser to get fucked and try getting better at her job because no-one likes a career adviser that tells you that you can't do anything.
thats bullshit by the way.
prove her wrong and get a 99 UAI.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Ellie999 said:
Um, all UAI estimators are meant to be used only with your HSC mark, and even then it is only a prediction on what UAI you'll get, certainly not set in stone. You are not meant to use it with your half-yearly marks, so don't get discouraged cause of that.

Anyway, to the OP: having shitty subjects doesn't make you fail your HSC. Getting shitty results makes you do that. If you do well you do well, and unless the subject is capped scaling is inconsequential.

HSC
you can't use half yearly marks to predict a uai. so much can happen from now. its not over until they say "pens down" in your final hsc exam, after which all is taken out of your hands.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Ellie999 said:
don't believe shit like that or just ignore it if its true, you'll get intimidated you must fight the intimidation and then you'll come out and intimidate

watatank said:
you can't use half yearly marks to predict a uai. so much can happen from now. its not over until they say "pens down" in your final hsc exam, after which all is taken out of your hands.
i cant scream with joy upon "pens down" but i will after leaving the exam building

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
The fact that you know this shouldn't make you give up but rather try harder. I mean don't watch your education go by but rather grab ahold of it and make a difference. You know this is happening .. you can see it through your marks and therefore rather than saying oh look how crap my marks are .. CHANGE.

You say that you don't really study or do much work on maths .. change those habits .. trying isn't going to hurt so don't be afraid of it. Theres nothing any of us can really do but try and help you and support you as you go through this. We all are and we understand the troubles that you are experiencing. We aren't perfect afterall.

If you really want to make a difference .. your the one who has to make the effort and when you do .. we'll be here to support and help you along the way.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Ellie999 said:
Thats bullshit, what kind of pathethic failure of a person do you have for your careers advisor anyway?

Do good, prove her wrong. My career advisor's quite arrogant, and extremely daft in numerous areas. I believe her to be racist too (she seems to help all the anglos, and yet ignores the non-whites :) )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)