I wish... (1 Viewer)

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
i can assure you that your problems are extremely insignificant to an extension 2 student. You should learn to be grateful sometimes too ;)
Im just glad we don't have to do sequences and series

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ...
but its the easiest topic in 2u!!
But it is so annoying, and repeatitive.

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
But it is so annoying, and repeatitive.
Youve pretty much described most of the 2unit course :p Series is alright, easy marks.

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by Xayma
Youve pretty much described most of the 2unit course :p
on the topic of boring/exciting maths subjects, i need ur opinions.

i'm accelerating 2/3U...in 2U i'm averaging near 100%, and in 3U i'm on around 87%. i'm not too sure whether to do 4U next year though. i'm finding 2U a bit boring and monotonous now and i'd rather do interesting topics. but i dunno whether i should sacrifice my 2U mark to do 4U (i'm aiming for 95+ in 2U and i'm expecting no more than ~high 80s for 3U this year).
at the current rate, would u say (IYO) that i should stick with 3U (and have 9 periods spare a week to do other study + have a fair mark in 2U under my belt), or do 4U and possibly end up in a worse position?

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
You are obviously a very talented maths student - why not do 4U. Are you going better in your other subjects than maths? If so then IMHO I would stay not to worry about maths - if not - do 4U.
If you find 2U boring, why would you want to do it again?
So if you don't do maths next year I think you'll be in a worse position - think of all the 4U students that are behind you in 3U - all of the non-accelerants - I think it would be foolish not to do 4U

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
Originally posted by pcx_demolition017
on the topic of boring/exciting maths subjects, i need ur opinions.

i'm accelerating 2/3U...in 2U i'm averaging near 100%, and in 3U i'm on around 87%. i'm not too sure whether to do 4U next year though. i'm finding 2U a bit boring and monotonous now and i'd rather do interesting topics. but i dunno whether i should sacrifice my 2U mark to do 4U (i'm aiming for 95+ in 2U and i'm expecting no more than ~high 80s for 3U this year).
at the current rate, would u say (IYO) that i should stick with 3U (and have 9 periods spare a week to do other study + have a fair mark in 2U under my belt), or do 4U and possibly end up in a worse position?
See how you go in the HSC first. You have to realise that 3u is supposed to be harder than 2u so naturally, your raw marks would be lower. Who knows, you may find that your performing equally well (relatively speaking) in both 2u and 3u and so your final HSC marks would reflect your performance accordingly. Considering the fact that i got 94% and 90% respectively in 2u and 3u last year, if you think you can get 95+ in 2u, then i dont see a reason why you wont be getting 90%+ in 3u.

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by Zarathustra
You are obviously a very talented maths student - why not do 4U. Are you going better in your other subjects than maths? If so then IMHO I would stay not to worry about maths - if not - do 4U.
If you find 2U boring, why would you want to do it again?
So if you don't do maths next year I think you'll be in a worse position - think of all the 4U students that are behind you in 3U - all of the non-accelerants - I think it would be foolish not to do 4U
if i get 95-96+ in 2U this year, i'm definitely not going to do it again...hence the extra 9 periods a cycle :)

as for other subjects....well i'm pretty comfortable with my other subjects....
i'm doing 13 units this year, so in order to do ext 2 maths i'd have to drop ext 1 english (which i'm 95% sure is gonna be the period where i would have ext 2 maths if i did it), and i'm going ok in ext 1 english this year as well.....i guess i'll just have to wait until the end of the year to decide.....only problem is that hsc results don't arrive until the christmas holidays.

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by Heinz
See how you go in the HSC first. You have to realise that 3u is supposed to be harder than 2u so naturally, your raw marks would be lower. Who knows, you may find that your performing equally well (relatively speaking) in both 2u and 3u and so your final HSC marks would reflect your performance accordingly. Considering the fact that i got 94% and 90% respectively in 2u and 3u last year, if you think you can get 95+ in 2u, then i dont see a reason why you wont be getting 90%+ in 3u.
only problem is that i've got a couple of smart ex-accelerants (from the year before) to compete with in Ext 1. they came 1st and 3rd respectively in 2U last year, and are doing Ext 2. if they didn't exist then i'd have a good chance of getting 90+ in ext 1 this year....ah well, i guess i'll have to see.

btw. are u repeating ext 1 this year or keeping ur 90%? ... just for interest's sake.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
only problem is that i've got a couple of smart ex-accelerants (from the year before) to compete with in Ext 1. they came 1st and 3rd respectively in 2U last year, and are doing Ext 2. if they didn't exist then i'd have a good chance of getting 90+ in ext 1 this year....ah well, i guess i'll have to see.

btw. are u repeating ext 1 this year or keeping ur 90%? ... just for interest's sake.
i dont see how having smart people in ur grade will stop you from gettin 90+ ...

if u put in the work u will get there too...

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC

Im repeating 3u this year. Last year, i came 16th or 17th/56 which meant i had a lousy assessment mark (bloody year 12s). So far this year, im 4th and people usually do alot better the second time so fingers crossed for a 95% mark and above.

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
i dont see how having smart people in ur grade will stop you from gettin 90+ ...

if u put in the work u will get there too...
shouldn't make too much of a difference, but considering that they are probably around 3-4 marks ahead of me in raw internal assessment marks (after weightings) doesn't help.
it's always easier if ur coming first :)

kpq_sniper017

Im repeating 3u this year. Last year, i came 16th or 17th/56 which meant i had a lousy assessment mark (bloody year 12s). So far this year, im 4th and people usually do alot better the second time so fingers crossed for a 95% mark and above.
:)
same position i'm in right now....i'm thinking the same things u thought last year.
this year i'll probably end up 3rd-5th out of 40-odd guys. so far, i'm coming first out of my class of 9 (which is a good sign for next year, but i have to maintain it).

IYO, what mark would be necessary to not have to repeat it?? my teacher said 47+.

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
:)
same position i'm in right now....i'm thinking the same things u thought last year.
this year i'll probably end up 3rd-5th out of 40-odd guys. so far, i'm coming first out of my class of 9 (which is a good sign for next year, but i have to maintain it).

IYO, what mark would be necessary to not have to repeat it?? my teacher said 47+.
Yep, 47/50 and above. Id say 46 even if you plan on keeping 2u/3u. My friend who got 47 is repeating though namely because his more than capable of getting at least 48 this year (rank 1/50ish). But if you get 47, youd be stupid to do it again. Its just too much effort just to get 48/50 or dare i say 49/50. Rather drop the units, and so you have plenty of time getting top bands in your other subjects.

kpq_sniper017

Yep, 47/50 and above. Id say 46 even if you plan on keeping 2u/3u. My friend who got 47 is repeating though namely because his more than capable of getting at least 48 this year (rank 1/50ish). But if you get 47, youd be stupid to do it again. Its just too much effort just to get 48/50 or dare i say 49/50. Rather drop the units, and so you have plenty of time getting top bands in your other subjects.
worth repeating if u get 47/50 and then do ext 2?
i'm not too sure if this is entirely accurate, but i think a couple of guys in my year got 48 or 49/50 and are repeating.....:confused:

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
worth repeating if u get 47/50 and then do ext 2?
i'm not too sure if this is entirely accurate, but i think a couple of guys in my year got 48 or 49/50 and are repeating.....:confused:
Youd have to think about it very carefully if you get 47 and want to repeat. Although you may know the content, you have to re-do all the assessments which means, one slip and your gone. If on the other hand you think you can get 95%+ (i.e. maintain an almost flawless performance throught the year) the second time around, then go for it. Personally, if i got that mark i would keep it.
The guys in your year who got 48/49 are pretty courageous/stupid to do it again. Unless they think they can top the state (or thereabouts), id say just settle for the 96-98/100. All that work repeating the course for another mark... rather focus on 4u.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Because when you're shooting for a degree in the 99's... the difference between a 48 and a 49 is massive.
Having said that, there's also a big difference between a 49 and 48. :p

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
i am getting about 85% in 2u assesments. i am 17th out of 70 odd students in yr 12. unless i get 120/120 i will do the course again but i will prob do ex2 maths next year. it has been harder on me then most accell boys, most of you guys started the HSC last year n i have done the whole prelim n hsc course this year. (well started last 2 weeks of last year). i think come hsc time i am capable of 95%+ in 2u. i am doin 3u but it isn accell, and i think if u do accell maths it would be smart 2 do 4u because it gives u extra time n u have lernt all the 2u course without having to learn it whist u are doin the 3u n 4u course

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by JamiL
i am getting about 85% in 2u assesments. i am 17th out of 70 odd students in yr 12. unless i get 120/120 i will do the course again but i will prob do ex2 maths next year. it has been harder on me then most accell boys, most of you guys started the HSC last year n i have done the whole prelim n hsc course this year. (well started last 2 weeks of last year). i think come hsc time i am capable of 95%+ in 2u. i am doin 3u but it isn accell, and i think if u do accell maths it would be smart 2 do 4u because it gives u extra time n u have lernt all the 2u course without having to learn it whist u are doin the 3u n 4u course
i did yr10 and yr11 work in the same year (except we didn't really go through much yr10 stuff).
this year, i'm aiming to get 117+/120 in the hsc exam. an accelerant the year ahead of me came equal top in 2U and so his teacher came to me and said "it'd be good if u could keep it going and come top as well"....so, i'd have to get 99 to do it (i guess).
the only problem with doing ext 2 is weighing it all up.

does a good mark in 2U + a fair mark in 3U = a fair mark in 4U?
accelerating makes the decision harder (even though it's meant to be an advantage).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)