ibers won't get away (1 Viewer)

turtleface

HSC
lol true. I guess most people don't get to high positions, though some may not want to in fairness to them

pete_mate

HSC
what about management consulting, all you ever hear about is finance and accounting.

Management consulting sounds the most interesting of the lot, intellectually speaking, from a graduate level.

Junior Auditor: checking to see things are correct, doing a bank rec or something
although it would most likely be counting stock.

Junior analyst: proof-reading prospectus' that are 100 pages thick for grammar mistakes.

management consulting: i dont know for sure, but would it not prepare you most for that coveted Financial Director position?

pete_mate

HSC
what about management consulting, all you ever hear about is finance and accounting.

Management consulting sounds the most interesting of the lot, intellectually speaking, from a graduate level.

Junior Auditor: checking to see things are correct, doing a bank rec or something
although it would most likely be counting stock.

Junior analyst: proof-reading prospectus' that are 100 pages thick for grammar mistakes.

management consulting: i dont know for sure, but would it not prepare you most for that coveted Financial Director position?

turtleface

HSC
Management Consultant to Finance Director? Not unless they are CAs or CPAs. All Finance Directors are Accountants.

MC is a bit vague. Any degree grad can sort of get into it. But MCs do get good job opportunites down the line. I think there are almost as many CEOs who were past non Accountant MCs than there are former Accountant CEOs

Due Diligence Accountants (aka Auditors for a transacation) and M&A Lawyers are the ones responsible for proof reading that stuff, as well as annual reports. IB Analysts do the discount cash flow analysis and related number crunching.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm more curious.... do you subscribe to charter turtleface? I wonder if you can buy it normally frmo newsagents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)