iBook vs PC Notebooks (1 Viewer)

HSC
which are better? atm im swinging toward a g4 iBook but i wasnt sure. whadda you guys think?

note: if any1 is selling an ibook or other apple laptop, pm me.

HSC
see herein lies the challenge, im keen for a pc that can do great multimedia stuff with applications like iPhoto and iMove and Final Cut and Photoshop, but i cant spend over $1000...ibook seems the way to go.

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
TheHarlequinMan said:
see herein lies the challenge, im keen for a pc that can do great multimedia stuff with applications like iPhoto and iMove and Final Cut and Photoshop, but i cant spend over $1000...ibook seems the way to go.
If you're wanting to do work in Final Cut, you'll want the optional upgrade to a minimum of 1Gb of RAM and a 7200RPM, large capacity, external hard drive so you don't thrash the hell out of your 5400RPM internal drive like I did to my PowerBooks drive - but thats true with any video editing, you want a large capacity, fast hard drive if you're going to be serious about your work.

I suggest that you're not going to be able to do any serious video editing on a laptop sub $1000. I spent $3200 (RRP of $3500) on my G4 PowerBook this time last year, and it keeps up with Final Cut Pro, but not very well (mind you I've only got 512MB of RAM, but I do have an external drive).
Get a new MacBook, it will be money well spent, and not leave you wishing you had of spent the extra money so you can actually run apps efficently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)