Ice found on Mars. (1 Viewer)

CRANK-SHAFT

i'm on urPC,pwning n00bs
HSC
just cause ice is found on a planet It doesnt clearly poit to lifeforms
being there. It may be ice like frozen gas stuff too, thats what i heard.
The polar caps of the planet are mostly frozen gases not water. LOL

but anyways, If we did find some livingthing WE would not know about it
Americans and their crappy secret, Area 51 shit will .......sigh

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Now we can stop whining about the drought and global warming causing Ice Caps to melt off, we can just ship ice from Mars and bring it back to planet earth :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
CRANK-SHAFT said:
just cause ice is found on a planet It doesnt clearly poit to lifeforms
being there. It may be ice like frozen gas stuff too, thats what i heard.
The polar caps of the planet are mostly frozen gases not water. LOL

but anyways, If we did find some livingthing WE would not know about it
Americans and their crappy secret, Area 51 shit will .......sigh
Yeah let's go with the conspiracy theories. Ice is a pretty big discovery, cause it means in future we could sustain life there without paying US$10 000 per litre of water we give the people to drink.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Um... comets contain large amounts of ice. It's not a rare thing to find in space.

Evilo

HSC
i remember about 8 years ago when the pathfinder landed there, they found evidence of ice too??

trishedwick

hates the hsc
HSC
Good on them, but, I also must protest that the Millions of dollars spent sending yet another robot up to Mars is another display of humanties disregard and ignorance to the suffering that is still happening here. I think that before we discover life on another planet, we should at least make sure that our planets life is not extinguished.

Mumma

HSC
trishedwick said:
Good on them, but, I also must protest that the Millions of dollars spent sending yet another robot up to Mars is another display of humanties disregard and ignorance to the suffering that is still happening here. I think that before we discover life on another planet, we should at least make sure that our planets life is not extinguished.
I absolutely detest this argument. Space travel and research can result in developments that help us here on earth.

I think its embarrassing that we still haven't sent a man to Mars. Can you imagine what would be achievable if what was spent on the iraq war daily was spent in the areas of space research and development?

trishedwick

hates the hsc
HSC
Mumma said:
I absolutely detest this argument. Space travel and research can result in developments that help us here on earth.

I think its embarrassing that we still haven't sent a man to Mars. Can you imagine what would be achievable if what was spent on the iraq war daily was spent in the areas of space research and development?
i see your argument, though i still think that if we were to help those less fortunate, those in famine and poverty and then went into space. What if we did find life. I think I would be ashamed to be called an inhabitant of a planet that has it's priorities all messed up, and cares less for it's own people than it does for the life we may or may not find. Would they even want to know us?

A planet all torn up in war, poverty, where people die every day for no reason other than the ignorance and dissmissal of such things happening around us.

I'm all for space travel, just maybe after we have our own planet sorted.

:)

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
trishedwick said:
1) IN A SENSE Wouldnt spending money on designer labelled clothes when you could just buy $20 pants be another example of "humanities disregard and ignorance to the suffering that is still happening".
The $40 you saved by buying the cheaper pants could probably have saved a life from starvation

2) Did you really need to spend $100 on an Ipod/Mp3 player? You listen to this music probably 30mins a day, instead you could have sacrificied this $100 to feed a starving family in Africa..

3) Sitting back in your Plasma HD Tv for $4000. You could have bought a $500 Tv and donated the rest and fed 100 starving people.

Arent these (much lesser) examples of "humanities disregard and ignorance to the suffering that is still happening here" which you commit everyday?

trishedwick

hates the hsc
HSC
Omium said:
1) IN A SENSE Wouldnt spending money on designer labelled clothes when you could just buy $20 pants be another example of "humanities disregard and ignorance to the suffering that is still happening".
The $40 you saved by buying the cheaper pants could probably have saved a life from starvation

2) Did you really need to spend $100 on an Ipod/Mp3 player? You listen to this music probably 30mins a day, instead you could have sacrificied this $100 to feed a starving family in Africa..

3) Sitting back in your Plasma HD Tv for $4000. You could have bought a $500 Tv and donated the rest and fed 100 starving people.

Arent these (much lesser) examples of "humanities disregard and ignorance to the suffering that is still happening here" which you commit everyday?
who are you to say that i do?

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
trishedwick said:
who are you to say that i do?
Reply with more than a sentence proving my statements wrong.

In a sense we all desregard each other

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)