• I used to play but gave up

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Ive always wanted to play....

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • we aint in canada!!!

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

lorigan85

well i got cable so ESPN shows during the season, weekly NHL games and Fox Sports used to show the odd weekly highlights.
Dallas Stars? you poor POOR boy.

pompous

Originally posted by lorigan85
well i got cable so ESPN shows during the season, weekly NHL games and Fox Sports used to show the odd weekly highlights.
Dallas Stars? you poor POOR boy.
oh and y is that huh? way better than Toronto

lorigan85

lol im just playing wit ya.. they're okay just i dont like Teams without heart and teams like New Jersey and Dallas Stars whereby everyone thinks they are soo good just because they won the Stanely Cup that year, sometimes circumstances and fixtures give the cup to on some occasions the wrong team.

pompous

I've been going for them since I could remember...and they've only won the stanley cup a few years ago

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
Hey i'm a 17 year old girl who plays ice hockey on the macquarie team. I've stopped now though, due to the hsc. I was also a team member when i lived in canada (was born there). The hockey's alot more competitive there.

lorigan85

yeah im sure, australian icehockey sucks. alot of people are not australian who play and its very disorganised and expensive so the few players we got we lose. 17 year old girl who plays hockey from canada, eh? ..number? lol

oh but macquarie dont play ice hockey at home anymore, right?
yeah i stopped cos of HSC too.

Neutro

Hey there guys,
I used to live in Sherbrooke, about 1 and a half hours from Montreal, Canada... I used to skate and play heaps back then, then I moved to Santa Cruz California and played roller hockey, the closed rink was about 50 min away at San Jose, it was the rink where the sharks practiced tho so it was real nice.... Heaps nicer than Macq and Blacktown... I moved here like 3 yrs ago and Ive been wating to get back into it here (I played one summer league season) was a little doggy tho... Whats a good club to join? Thanks...

m3h_m3h

HSC
good new club is the Ice Dogs, if ur up in the Hills Area. got the new Glaciarium Ice Rink up here. very nice rink, doesnt get puddles everywhere like mac and blacktown. ice stays relatively dry even after everyones had a good carve.

babyslug, do u scott stephenson or matty sims? both state players, sims is mac player aswell (stopped this yr coz hsc).

and if any of u's kno anyone who wants to buy some brand new easton z bubbles with the shanahan blade on it, pm me or email me on calvos_is@hotmail.com. i got 2 brand new ones :D

Last edited:

Neutro

woah u know sims? i know him eheh i usd to go to macq every friday night

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
ice hockey... play a real mans (and womens :) ) sport. field hockey!! hehe, i dont no why no one plays it.. top game just cant get a pair of razor blades through your chest!!

does anyone play both ice and field?? like to hear what they say..

Neutro

Ive played both and must admit that I enjoy ice hockey much more, a much faster game and it requires a high degree of skill to be able to skate well and have good puck handling skills =)

lorigan85

disco_dave: field hockey? lol
oh man, i was forced to play for P.E class at school
and i played in a game against the teachers but man
its nothing!! i mean maybe if you haven't played icehockey
before..but..no even still.. icehockey is just so fast, skillful,
hardhitting and fun.

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
yeh yeh true, but there is a big difference between school hockey against teachers and playing U17 national and internation games. but i do see where your coming from and one day ill have a go at ice and probably love it, but theres no ice ring near where i live!! damn it

dont ride of field but, its a top game when you play it probably!!!

muldersgun

HSC
whoa i haven't been around here for ages. But i've decided guys that i'm going on exchange to canada in uni, just so i can play ice hockey. And they have random pick-up games at rinks...its so cool and you don't have to pay like 15 bucks just to skate.

I was at macq 2 weeks back and man did it suck. Rental skates suck! How much do skates cost anyway?

m3h_m3h

HSC
Neutro, wats ur name?? might kno u. lol. i been plenty of times with him aswell.

disco: i played field hockey once, i must say its bit weird. not really my type. way too slow. i was forunate enuff to beable to play street hockey at skool, just without the skates. same stick, puck and all, but no skates. my skool bout bout 30-40 sticks so we used to gather up teams and go round robin. me and my 2 mates just dominated :D

mulders: skates can cost u from $100-$1200, depends on wat u want :p. personally i'd go for sumfin around $300-$500 mark. u'll beable to get a nice pair that will last u for ages.

muldersgun

HSC
hey we should all come together sometime and play rollerhockey. The bball courts behind willoughby leisure are awesome, this huge lovely concreted area. I skate there all the time.

I think i might get a pair of skates if i go to umacq next year.

I had to play field hockey for PE at school one year and my school is so cheapo that they only had right handed sticks (I'm left handed btw) and so there i was struggling with this damn stick and not been able to do anything. So i've never like field hockey since :D

m3h_m3h

HSC
r the bball courts the smooth tennis court material, or that rough asphalt stuff? its is the smoot stuff ill come, but if its the asphalt i dun wanna rip up my wheels which cost me $180, and r virtually new!!
ill prob get a pair of aggressive skates next yr aswell :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)