ID cards: get them now (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
You need to get an ID card in order to start reaping the benefits of studying at UNSW (e.g. concession fares, cheaper food at uni etc). You can get your cards now, which we strongly recommend as the lines will be beastly during O-week and the first week!

How to do this?

First of all, you need:
- your student number, which is zXXXXXXX where the Xs are numbers. You should've gotten one when you enrolled online.
- a form of ID: preferably a licence, its the most handy, but a passport or birth certificate will also do.
- a pen (will come in handy for filling in forms)

1. Accept your offer online (hopefully done!)

2. Come to uni (catch the train to Central, leave via Eddy Ave, and catch a 391, 393 or 395 to UNSW on Anzac Pde). These buses will drop you off at the front entrance on Anzac Pde. Keep walking down the long path in front of you until you see a large, glassy and red building on your right - this is the RED CENTRE. Near this you should see the doors to e-spot, where you will get your card.

3. Fill in a form for a 2005 Student Concession Pass (something like that).

4. Line up at the desk with your form filled out, and your ID and student number handy. The staff will take care of the rest. And voila! You have a UNSW ID card!

DO IT NOW!

From the website:

The e-spot is managed by Helen Moustacas and is open from 08:00 AM until 04:30 PM Monday to Friday. During enrolments e-spot is open for extended hours (9am to 10pm during O-week).

Last edited:

shannonm

HSC
N/A
is there an option to a) maintain our photo from last year b) new photo
or must we get new photo?

sunny

meh.
HSC
I was able to keep my photo from the year before for last year's card. So I guess if they don't ask you could always ask them to use the same photo...

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Yes you can keep your old photo

My friend didn't get asked so they assumed he wanted to keep his old photo

So if you want a new photo, you should tell them.

doingHSC

HSC
do you have to enrol to get one? or can u get it after accepting ur offer?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
as long as you have a student ID number you can get one.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
nope; you sit there and they take a photo, its like getting a licence.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
It gets done straight away. All in all it should take around 5 minutes, if there is no line.

If you still want to wait until O-week to do it, have fun in the 3 hour+ queue

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
So will I be able to use its consession benifits straight away, seeing as I am going to be attending bridging courses in UNSW? :confused:

sunny

meh.
HSC
Curry said:
So will I be able to use its consession benifits straight away, seeing as I am going to be attending bridging courses in UNSW? :confused:
Yes. If you fill in that concession form when you get your student card, they will also print a "concession symbol" (see babydoll's card) on your student ID. Use that to get concession tickets for trains etc..

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Do they kill your old student card before issuing you with a new one?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
nope, you keep it but its useless for 2005 cos there's an expiry date on it

gman03

HSC
Is it possible to use my old ID card to get concession fare to uni to get a new ID card? It seems silly for me to buy an adult ticket to uni and concession ticket back hehe

sunny

meh.
HSC
gman03 said:
Is it possible to use my old ID card to get concession fare to uni to get a new ID card? It seems silly for me to buy an adult ticket to uni and concession ticket back hehe
Yes your old card shouldn't expire till March.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)