• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

idea for site :D (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
ok this might not be able to happen, but you know for the buy and sell section i say people need 10 posts before they can post in this section or something, because im sick of people with like 1 post just comming here with their scamms about free shit thats never going to happen? good idea or what?

^___^
HSC
what happens if someone really wants to sell their HSC books??

you want them to spam in the general section before they are allowed to posts?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
That's true. They'll just clog up BoS with random threads just so they can reach their 10+ post status. Then they'll post one thread in the Buy/Sell forum and we won't ever hear from them again.

It's a lot easier if they just go straight to step two and then leave BOS alone.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Well the forum at least needs another moderator. It wouldnt be a very big role, just cleaning up those spam threads (atm its only anti). Maybe one of the current mods could have their power extended a bit?

Although your idea 7th sign could work

funniboi

HSC
i dont think that section needs another moderator, nor does it need posting restrictions.

it's not really that active i guess. if there's a problem with a post or two, i suggest you 'report bad post' seeing as tho anti can't be everywhere at once, and reporting a bad post becommings priority (i assume it does) when she gets on.

tempco

HSC
funniboi said:
it's not really that active i guess. if there's a problem with a post or two, i suggest you 'report bad post' seeing as tho anti can't be everywhere at once, and reporting a bad post becommings priority (i assume it does) when she gets on.
now that's an idea. people, the next time you see a spam post, don't just flame the user. use the report bad post function.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I always do report the posts.

However they are usually still sitting there 3-4 days later.

( I think only minai and anti have the power to deal with reports from that forum)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I think you should also need a post limit to ask advice in the Love and Relationship forum. I don't think having to contribute a bit before being able to get advice from everyone else is too much to ask.

It might also help people see that most issues have already been covered because people are constantly asking the same question as someone else did last week.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Argonaut said:
Going waaaaaay off-topic here, but your signautre is very, very wrong ...
Should I change it to "Not all muslims are terrorists, but most terrorists are muslim."

Because that would make it right.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Argonaut said:
Well you can't say all terrorists are Islamic because what about the IRA, Shining Path, Aum Shinrikyo, people like Timothy McVeigh, and September 17? None of them are Islamic. I'm just pointing out people might think you're racist or biased or something (and I'm sure you're not).
I'll change it to most then. But what it is now isn't that much of a generalisation.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I'll change it to most then. But what it is now isn't that much of a generalisation.
the ira dont do much shit anymore so i agree with ur orginal sig

HSC
I've got an idea too.

Why don't we make it so that rep doesn't count in NS?
I mean... post doesn't count in NS.
The principle is the same - NS is full of crap and if people can gain post/rep from it, then they'll spam.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
whiterabbit said:
I've got an idea too.

The principle is the same - NS is full of crap and if people can gain post/rep from it, then they'll spam.
I thought they've already done that.

Announcement: Neg-rep

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
the way the rep system is currently intergrated into the forum makes it impossible to just simply make NS rep not count. TYo do this would require the rep system be redone, which is soething teh admins probally dont have the time to do.

HSC
26th of October 2005?

No longer be counted?

Does that mean by the 26th of October they'll have deleted all past NS reps?
Or does it mean that they'll just stop counting them from the 26th of October?
Or have they already stopped and implemented their new policy which goes until the 26th of October?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
whiterabbit said:
I've got an idea too.

It's difficult/impossible to make it so that NS rep doesn't count using the existing code.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)