Ideal time to complete drafts (1 Viewer)

Bboysho

HSC
So yeah, when did everyone have their first drafts completed for their major work?

HSC
N/A
In my opinion it's ideal to aim for the end of the easter holidays (first full working draft)

Then you have another term to finish your first full reworking, and then more time for RS/polishing.

I kinda see EE2 as a four-step process, equal time given to all:

Gathering ideas --> turning ideas into legible story --> turning it into a GOOD story --> polishing and doing all the other stuff you have to do eg RS.

HSC
i'm no where NEAR!..

but i know my friend has had hers done a long time back and a few people are half way..i'm still hanging around the first 1/8th of it -.-'

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
first draft? excuse me? i'm like still floundering around lol, i've done all this research for a critical response which i ditched and will now hopefully help with the creative story i'm now attempting to begin writing. i have a fair idea but i'm still in the planning stages for the story. damnit
our teacher wants first drafts by first lesson backish next term

HSC
N/A
sometimes a deadline can make all the difference...

there is no inspiration like divine inspiration!!! :D :D :D

jimmayyy

HSC
glitterfairy said:
In my opinion it's ideal to aim for the end of the easter holidays (first full working draft)

Then you have another term to finish your first full reworking, and then more time for RS/polishing.

I kinda see EE2 as a four-step process, equal time given to all:

Gathering ideas --> turning ideas into legible story --> turning it into a GOOD story --> polishing and doing all the other stuff you have to do eg RS.
good advice yo, cheers.

Emph

HSC
i think my first draft was done some time in april. dont remember exactly but around then osunds right.

seriously PLEASE dont leave it till july august because you'll probably be preoccupied with Trials and other assessments and you may as well have ee2 out of the way. mental breakdowns are rather common in july i am led to believe...

and its also a good idea to have at least one draft (better to have 2) done by the viva because then you actually will know what your talking about rather than saying vaguely "oh i think my story might have this..." be definite in your ideas. and if you are already redrafting it will look better coz you can talk about the editing process too.

xlil-miss-muffx

HSC
i just handed my first draft in today. i was supposed to have it done by first day back but that didn't happen. my teacher isn't exactly pushy so i'm the only one of the 4 doing ee2 that has a draft done. last year's group left it to the last minute and their work was pretty crap! so do a draft now and work from that. i'mliking glitterfairy's advice!!! that works :D

idling fire

HSC
My teacher is too relaxed, I think. Well, she doesn't show that she's stressed about it. What I need in an English teacher is for them to be like: "Hand in draft NOW. Or you drop the course." This one gives me no pressure. Therefore I do no work.

My viva's next week, and I don't even have 1000 words for my short story.
Please... someone shoot some motivation bullets at me. Actually, real bullets will be just as good.
Ahh... tis sad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)